“Lovely rooms, friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Residencial El Valle
Frankfurt, Germany
“Lovely rooms, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed four nights in Residencial El Valle and found it excellent value. There is a variety of rooms, all painted in different colours and lovingly decorated. The ones on the lower floor are tiled and cheaper than the upstairs rooms, which have wooden floors and are a little more spacious. I moved upstairs after the first night because of the street noise - there are many trucks passing through the center of El Valle, so if you are a light sleeper, you better not choose a street view room. Enrique, the owner, was very helpful. He showed me a couple of the quiet upstairs rooms to choose from and offered a discount - I finally paid 35 USD for a room that is usually rented for 49 USD. The place is spotless and very well kept. As the owner said, they refresh the painting every year. I could observe that rooms were being constantly refurbished and improved. What I liked most is that all the wooden decoration and even the furniture is made in a workshop downstairs. There is WiFi-access in a sitting area on the second floor. You can rent bicycles, chill in a hammock on the terrace and keep your food in fridge right there. If there was a kitchen for the guests, this place would be really perfect. For eating I recommend the nearby restaurante Santa Librada with good seafood dishes - or the Colombian run Taco and Hamburger stall in front of the market. They will be happy to prepare you a vegetarian snack as well.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

This hotel was so wonderful - it was clean and beautiful, friendly staff, great terrace with hammocks, free coffee. The rooms were so sweet - very cozy and well decorated (blue-blue walls, nice artwork); my private (hot water) bath was fantastic. The whole hotel is extremely clean and well cared for. Laundry service offered (dried in dryer) for $4. I was there in low season and alone, so they gave me a lower price on the room (I paid $40). There were frogs at night, but loud traffic in the morning. The only drawback, no screens on the windows, though there were not too many mosquitoes. The hotel is right between two restaurants and there are plenty more down the street. They kindly provided me with a map upon arrival and pointed out anything I might want to do/see. Really, this place had the best service and was the overall nicest place I stayed in all of my 3 week Panama adventure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Hudson, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

I was only sorry that we were staying there just one night! The rooms were charming, with painted scenes above the doors and in the bathroom, a community refrigerator on the AWESOME outside deck with hammocks and one of a kind wooden furniture. The beds were very comfortable and the food that we had for breakfast was great, along with the great juice. Make sure you try the chicken stew for lunch....$3 and it was great. If you are looking for some 5 star hotel, this is not it (this is not a derrogatory statement). The location is great, across from the supermarket and within feet of the fruit market. My son and I wanted to stay in a local type of hotel and we were not disappointed!

• Stayed July 2010
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

The patio with hammocks and artistic furniture was a highlight we lounged out here for hours watching clouds and birds and the small town life going by. Good deal of privacy simple comfortable rooms with fun decor. You can walk anywhere you want to go from here. Monica the monkey is sweet but needs a friend and the puppy is fun to play tag with. Eat at the cafe downstars get the lentils!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel, and we thought it was great. The room was clean & comfortable with a TV, fan and a good shower. The first floor balcony/veranda area is a great place to hang out in the evening and share a beer with fellow travellers. It's right in the centre of the town, but we slept like babies because everyone seems to go to bed at about 10pm in El Valle. It's a beautiful town as well - gardens full of flowers and birds, and surrounded by forest-clad mountains. I had a couple of concerns about it though: we were greeted on arrival and shown to our room by a boy who appeared to be about 9 years old. When we checked out we paid our bill - $220 in cash - to the same boy, who seemed to be working as a full-time receptionist. Also there was a "pet" monkey, a Geoffroy's tamarind which looked very sweet but the poor thing spent all day tied to a chair downstairs. I only want to see monkeys free in the forest!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
travelling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

My father and I stayed here for two days while passing through to Panama City on motorcycles. We chose the hotel based on reviews and we weren't disappointed. It is situated in the middle of the stretch of town and conveniently has a hotel, store, and bicycle rental downstairs with parking in the back. The rooms are clean, brightly colored, and comfortable. My favorite part, though, was the third floor which is a roof top deck with hammocks and chairs to relax in and a small fridge to keep whatever you need in. There is a very inexpensive laundry service available, which we were happy to take advantage of (though my whites did come back a little violet). The most impressive, though, was that I accidentally left my credit card in my room and Enrique, the proprietor, very generously dropped it by my hotel in Panama City for me. How's that for service? Everyone was incredibly friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2010
Olympia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

We stayed two night just last week and found the owner to be an excelent host. He gave us a map and drew arrows and circles of all the attraction in town and even called and made reservations at the zip line for us the next morning and then gave us a ride there in his truck without cost. This is a rustic hotel so if you expect mints on the pillow and all the fancy stuff you will be disappointed. If you are looking for friendly staff who speaks english and clean rooms in a great location then this is your place. One word of caution I have found with this and all places we stayed in Panama, ask for a quiet room. Our first night we were in a room that faced the street and also the wind. Both were noisy. We complained and we got moved to the 3rd floor with a window that faced the back and it was very quiet then. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple