“Nice Hotel - Great Location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Residencial El Valle
San Francisco, California
“Nice Hotel - Great Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The hotel is very nice, and the price is reasonable.

We got the corner room on the top floor with a view of the mountains. It was beautiful.

The rooms are clean and well maintained. The hot water works great!

Enrique, the owner, is very nice and courteous. He's a good business man.

We were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hoffman-Kokubo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

For 55$ a night, you get a comfortable room, with first class service: your bed linen is completely changed every other day, and every day, your shower is thoroughly cleaned and so is the floor. The social area is also well maintained and very pleasant (with fridge and micro wave as other travelers said). What else can you ask for? We were on the second floor, in a room overlooking the main Street and with view on the mountains. The only downside was that the wooden floorboards creaked badly and when other guests rushed up and down the staircase, which was in front of our room, it was very noisy and woke us up.
Apart from that, this hotel is perfect and highly recommendable and a good starting point for visiting El Valle. The staff is extremely friendly too. It's by far the best budget hotel I've stayed in ! Oh and I forgot to say that the shower was hot and the water had pressure !

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank sunflower015
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

On having looked at a few places in El Valle I decided on this one based on the terrace alone. Hugh space to sit in day or night (as it's covered) with views of the mountains and the goings on in town. My room was on the side and relatively quiet. A few seconds away from the supermarket and bus stop and everything else you may need is close by. Fan in the room was fine as El Valle is chilly at night (compared to Panama City). I would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank LondonCocktailGirl
Fort McMurray, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. I arrived on Christmas Day and the owner Enrique even arranged for one of his staff to pick me up at the Royal Decameron Resort at my request, for half what a resort taxi would have cost me. I loved the atmosphere at this little hotel - very friendly and casual. The room was smallish but fine for me. The fan was enough to keep you comfortable, but many times if I sat out in the hammock in the common area, I would leave my room door open for the breeze or my room would get too stuffy - so AC would have been nice too. I loved the large common area and I used the fridge in the common area to keep snacks from the local super-mini and no one touched my things. Just remember it is a budget place for a short term stay. Initially I booked for all 7 nights here but after 2 nights I was bored and ready to go - I ended up going in to Panama City for my last 3 nights there. If they had a swimming pool here - I would have stayed the whole 7 days no problem because it is just so beautiful and peaceful in El Valle.

Room Tip: On the back is a little less noisy - it is right on the main road so the buses and trucks can get a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank AngieWithChad
San Carlos, Panama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hotel Residencial may not be the most elegant place to stay in El Valle, but it's location gives you a great feel for the town, it's comfortable, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The owner, Enrique, went above and beyond in helping us reach the hotel by staying on the phone with us after we got lost.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, ask for a room on the third floor so you have immediate access to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holly Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The best non-chain hotel I have stayed in anywhere. Very affordable. Enrique and his staff were great and made us feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and had a private bathroom well stocked with towels. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. I was concerned about there not being airconditioning but with the cool evening air coming through the window and ceiling fan on we were just fine. Sitting out on the hammocks and rocking chairs we were able to enjoy the view of the mountains. We had wifi access that worked well and allowed us to stay intouch with friends and family back home. We were within walking distance to a number of restaurants and businesses and right next door to the outdoor market.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank jbzgirl73
Holly Hill, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The rooms were clean. By Central American standards (Non-chain) the rooms were "roomy". The bathroom was well stocked with clean towels, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The WiFi worked very well!!! In other words, a perfect base of operations when exploring the valley and surrounding area.

The hammocks and the patio/relaxation area were superb!!! A communal refrigerator is provided and it seems that either the honor system worked well or no one liked my beer. LOL! The only drawback with sleeping on the third floor was when when drunk Belgians decided to have a hammock party at midnight. :)

The hotel advertises hot water, and this was true most of the time. But I had 2 showers that were lukewarm..

Enrique speaks great English. Jonathon makes pretty good coffee.

The laundry service was great and inexpensive.

I guess the only drawbacks were: No staff at night if you have an issue. And the fact that the competitive drum band practiced in the parking lot across the street from 2000-2200 for two nights. (Arrgghhhh!!!!) LOL!

Room Tip: Go for the third floor. The hammocks are right outside of your room! Beautiful views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family