“Perfect choice!”
Review of Anton Valley Hotel

Anton Valley Hotel
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just spent 4 restful nights at the Anton ValleyHotel and couldn’t have been happier. Our room with a double bed had a balcony, was very clean with a small bathroom. The staff was friendly, left us decorations on the bed and gave us rides to the attractions. Its a good value for the reasonable price. Mario is the one to talk to if your Spanish isn't up to speed. We sent an email to the hotel to make the reservations but the reply wasn’t clear. So we called and that worked perfectly.

Room Tip: choose room 12 or 16 for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen K
There are newer reviews for Anton Valley Hotel

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights mid week while visiting el Valle. The rooms were nice with a comfortable bed and a small balcony. The bathroom was small but ok for a short stay. We couldn't get the tv to work

El Valle is a nice location for a couple of days but we did most of the sights in a single day. Our biggest issue was everything on the town is closed on Wednesday night apart from 2 awful restaurants. Other nights when things are open there is a lot of choice so just avoid Wednesday. We found a small wine bar behind the Peking hotel that's worth a visit. Owned by a friendly French guy it's a nice place to hang out

On returning to our hotel at 2300 we were locked out!! Big problem and meant we had to scale the spiked railings to get to our room. None of our keys worked for gates and main door. I would stay here again but not on a Wednesday

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank chris270478
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Although the twin bedded room was a bit small (which we were informed about when making our last-minute reservation) we were happy with it. Good beds , clean bathroom with hot water, fan and a fridge. The only inconvenience is that the fridge is rather loud. But it did not stop us from sleeping very well. We can certainly recommended this hotel during your visit to El Valle de Anton.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Arnoud R
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. The only reason for visiting would be the excellent restaurant and if you want to go through this to enjoy your next hotel more.
The rooms were very small, no place for luggage around the bed...And the walls of the rooms are so thin that you can hear everything from your neighbour.
Their website looks great, but that is a beautiful dream compared with the real situation. This is not more than a one star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nicktravel
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I tried to stay at Anton Valley Hotel in January of 2013. I had realized that the weekend we were going to stay there was a long weekend due to the holiday. I knew that it would be busy so I made reservations well before we got there. I made it very clear to the lady on the other line that I wanted to stay two nights. When I got there I was told that I only had made reservations for one night. I said fine, I will just pay for tomorrow night also. They told me that they were full and couldn't give me a room. The customer service at the desk was very slow and acted as if they didn't even care if I got a room or not. Overall a very bad experience and if I come back to El Valle I will definetly not stay here.

Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank Forest T
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My first impression was good but, after a while it changed. The room door could be opened after you securely close it, I had to report it and then they replaced the lock. The minibar was so noisy that the first night I though it was the noise of the swimming pool pump near the room. The hot water was only barely warm and just lasted for one person, next one will have to take a cold shower. We were 3 in the room so there were an extra bed, they changed it on the second night for a tiny and noisy one, I had to sleep with my feet hanging down.
Although it is good that a hotel accept visitors with pets, there were like 3 visitor dogs that kept barking all night and early in the morning. The second morning we wanted to order breakfast and they did not allow, they said that the only option was the buffet. If you spect to see the animal shaped towells, forget it, it is only in the advertisement. The first night they did not gave the seniors citizen discount, they did it the second night after I questioned. My whole impression was bad, unsafe for the lock problem, unconfortable for the tiny bed change, cold water, noisy minibar and barking dogs. I love dogs but you have to train them and socialize them. The location is nice as long as is not saturday or sunday when the church gets crowded and there is nowhere near to park your car.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the pool people hang around until late in the night making it very noisy and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank geangulo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good hotel if you want something in town. Accross the church. You can walk to the restaurants but they also have their own restaurant. Rooms are neat and a special shower :) with warm water. Decent price. Not too many parking spots though.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Curtraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Valle de Anton
Hotel Campestre
Hotel Campestre
#2 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Hotel Restaurant
Los Mandarinos Boutique Spa & Ho...
#1 of 5 in El Valle de Anton
#2 of 15 in El Valle de Anton
Windmill Hostel
Windmill Hostel
#5 of 15 in El Valle de Anton

Been to Anton Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!