“Spoiled for life...”

The Golden Frog Inn
harrisburg
“Spoiled for life...”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

...is how I felt at the end of our stay at the Golden Frog Inn. The facility is very charming, the setting is gorgeous and quiet, and Larry and Becky are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. But what was absolutely dazzling for me was the views. I came for a 3 day visit with my daughter. When describing it to my wife, I said, "I don't want to say too much about the Golden Frog because I don't want you to be jealous-I'll just say the we are staying there the next time you are in El Valle!"

The only thing I would have changed is that is that I would have brought a bit more food for breakfast (the GF does supply coffee and some fruit). We did cook one supper (the kitchen in our room and the "house" kitchen were quite nice and fairly well equipped), largely to have more time to suck up the views!

I consider the Golden Frog a "must stay" location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and in-laws enjoyed our 3 nights at the Golden Frog Inn in November, 2012. We had Suites #1 and #2 and it was perfect for the 4 of us. Each unit was clean and had a spacious room with bed & seating area, well-equipped kitchen, private bathroom, and large outdoor terrace with hammock & seating. (We really liked the hammocks!) The suites had a lovely view overlooking the pool and gardens, with the idyllic El Valle (hills & greenery) as a backdrop. Larry & Becky were exceptionally welcoming and accommodating, and we enjoyed chatting with them and other guests during Happy Hour. Becky even baked a surprise birthday cake in honor of my mother-in-law's birthday (yum!). Note for light sleepers: you may hear the rooster(s), wind blowing (during windy season) and/or other wildlife throughout the night. Overall, I would highly recommend the Golden Frog Inn.

Room Tip: Suites #1 and #2 are spacious and each have their own big porch area outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed at the golden frog inn in November 2012. The owners were great and made us feel like we were family. They also gave us great advice on what to do and see in El Valle. The rooms are really nice, clean, and the kitchen is convenient. The inn is a bit away from town but it has the benefit of being peaceful and quiet. It was the most relaxing part of our trip and I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hutchinson, Kansas
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The owners are great and super helpful. Wonderful happy hour. Beds are very comfortable. It is has great views and peace and quiet, yet it is close to the town and many hiking opportunities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at The Golden Frog Inn in March 2012 after our travel plans changed on short notice. We stayed in one of the larger units with a kitchen (very nice!) the first night, but it was booked on the second and third nights of our stay and we had to switch to two smaller, very basic guest rooms to accomadate our family of 4. We made the best of it and our experience was nevertheless very positive due to the very friendly owners/hosts, lovely grounds and pool at the Golden Frog, and the beautiful locale of El Valle. I posted a trip report in the Panama forum with a little more detail - all positive! I would definately return to the Golden Frog and recommend it to friends and family, and I would be sure to book in advance to reserve one of the nicer rooms with kitchens.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lake Oswego
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I are repeat visitors to El Valle and the Golden Frog Inn, and I was excited to see the remodel I've heard they've done to their rooms during their recent 6-month closure. They're back open again and the newly remodeled rooms are wonderful.

I love the new kitchens in the rooms. They've got full-size new refrigerators, a comfortable eating area, high-end coffee makers and enough pots and pans and utensils to make elaborate meals!

They also serve a lovely happy hour on the deck where you can enjoy a knock-out view across El Valle from their strategic position on the hillside.

My favorite time of the day though is the early morning when I force myself out of bed, put on the coffee maker, and get in the terrace hammock so I can witness the riot of colorful birds and symphony of bird songs that rise up from the lush vegetation and trees on the Golden Frog's property. Right in the nearby tree next to the pool I saw a gorgeous toucan munching away on the tree's yellow flowers!

Another new addition since my last visit is the talented artist in residence who creates one-of-a-kind art pieces and displays them all around the property. He is a welcome addition to the Golden Frog, which I already rate as one of the most visually appealing hotels I've ever experienced.

Room Tip: I love the two rooms closest to the pool, room #1 or #2. They've got great terraces overlooking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JGFrankPortland
Danville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I went on our honeymoon in September. We stayed at "The Golden Frog Inn" and it was the most amazing expierience. At the Inn we had outstanding service,very personable and makes you feel like you are at home without the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The layout is private with a pool to cool off and happyhour to vistit with other guests. A very secluded getaway. I strongly encourage people experience such beauty. Breath taking veiws,farmers market, exotic animals in there own habitats, and lot's of rain forrest to explore. All of this can be expierenced as soon as you step out of your room from sunrise to sunset. We plan on a return trip hopefully asap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple