“Pizza, Empanadas and much more”
Review of Carlitos

Carlitos
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed March 18, 2015

We were there on a Monday, so was not very busy. Very good service, yummy food. A large selection of dishes! My friend and I had spicy beef empanadas, and a pizza with blue cheese, ham and tomatoes. Fresh juices hit the spot after our hike up the mountain. We even got to meet Carlito and his wife, which was a treat!

Reviewed February 28, 2015

Very casual, no frills dining, but good food and friendly staff. You can't ask for much more after a long, tiring day.

Reviewed February 23, 2015

We stayed across the street from one of the 3 Carlito's - had roasted garlic and pepproni pizza - I loved it - hubby thought there was too much olive oil.

Reviewed February 15, 2015

I know it sounds strange, but I prefer my pizza without cheese and this place had a whole page of them! Of course, they had cheese pizzas as well as other menu items, but my tomato and garlic on a thin crust was just right. If you ask a regular pizza place to leave off the cheese the toppings and sauce are usually to heavy and I just get a big sloppy mess, but Carlitos used sliced tomatoes rather than sauce and actual grated garlic as opposed to seasoning. A thumbs up from me!

Reviewed February 7, 2015

A pretty poor experience all in all. They gave us plastic cutlery and instead of a plate the pizzas were served on a circle of cardboard. The pizza base was very dry (or perhaps they'd just bunged a few toppings on one of the cardboard circles and baked that?). They'd run out of red wine, and even by Panamanian standards the service could best be described as gormless. And it wasn't even that cheap - basically sub-standard takeaway pizza in a (sort of) restaurant setting. There are plenty of better places to eat in El Valle, and I wish we'd chosen one of them instead.