“Cold beer good music”

Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We ate here one afternoon while staying in El Valle. The beer is cold and reasonably priced when you buy it by the bucket. We had a nacho appetizer. The music is good old rock n roll. It was nice to have some music I knew the words to. We felt very comfortable here.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stopped by for a drink as a local told us about Ty's bar and that we should go to see Mona the Monkey. This is a fun place to visit - the burgers were the best I had in Panama, cheap prices for food and drink. Mona was there and she's a real sweetie - you can take pictures with her - beware, she likes to climb on you. We did talk with the owners for a bit and they said they wanted to try and sell the place so they could sail around the world by 2015.
When we returned home we started to check the internet and found Ty's Sports Bar for sale - apparently it's been for sale for quick awhile - guess they can't find anyone to take it over - it's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that they closed down.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I live in El Valle, and am sorry to report that Ty's closed permanently this week.

The pizza was quite good (easily the best in El Valle), other dishes were a bit hit and miss.

I do not know Ty and Michelle's future plans.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went on a Sunday afternoon and were brought menus and were asked for our order quickly enough. The one thing I wanted, they didn't have, so I settled for a chicken quesadilla. They brought out my friend's food and I waited 20 minutes for mine. Even asking at one point about it, figuring they had forgotten. Pretty unacceptable. The quality of the food was not worth a second trip.

I don't know what the story behind their monkey is, but I found it tasteless to be making money off of it for photos. We were asked to move our table back so the monkey wouldn't jump on us. I certainly frown upon keeping wild animals as pets but even more so making money off of them and tying them up in a restaurant on a concrete counter with nothing to even play on. I won't be back.

2  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Got married in Panama and decided to go to town to shop. Stopped at Ty's for lunch and was not disappointed. Very friendly staff and owners. We were a large group so there was a bit of confusion with the order, but we were in no rush. The food was excellent. The plates were huge, considering the minimal cost. And the drinks were so tasty. Better than the resort!
Can't wait to go back and see Mona the monkey!
Thanks for the wonderful time!