“as pasta goes”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Texas
“as pasta goes”
Reviewed September 3, 2014

A high average, mainly because of the atmosphere and outdoorsy, but I love pasta not much trick to that. Would return, if I was ever planning to travel to Panama again....not

• Visited March 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
“BEST shrimp we've had on the whole trip and for my Mom Best EVER”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Living in New Orleans and having lots of wonderful food options we are pretty picky about our meals. But this unassuming stop at Bruschetta's Restaurant on our Panama Trip was one of the best. My mom LOVES shrimp (langostinos) and being from Florida she has eaten a lot. But these super jumbo shrimp freshly caught and then prepared with care by Chef Mario were some of the BEST we've ever had. My mom's exact quote was "The shrimp that I eat when I go to the beaches of Destin have a lot to live up to now."

She had the breaded style and I opted for the coconut shrimp. We were served four (4) large shrimp (yes with the heads on which is traditional in New Orleans). They were firm and perfectly cooked. Mine came with a homemade chutney of pineapple and mango which mom totally shared with me. Each came with a side salad and choice of typical Panamanian side (Get the Tostones!) The tostones/fried plantains were pressed so thin and fried that they were like chips on the plate. Such a great change from the usual thick style that is served around the country.

Chef Mario came out to say hello to his very full restaurant and when he stopped by our table we gave him our compliments. Come to find out that he went to University in Florida and that he decided to come back to Panama to open his restaurant in El Valle.
We popped back by the kitchen on our way out to see him preparing the laborious dish of Paella for a group that was celebrating a birthday in the restaurant. Not an easy feat.
The restaurant is on the main road and is a great place to people watch. Don't be scared of the selection of wines, it's limited but good.

• Visited August 2014
Woodstock, Illinois
“Worst service - EVER!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We travel a lot and are not high-maintenance or rushed people... This restaurant offered the worst service we have ever had. The waitress was rude and ignored us while taking care of the other tables. At one point we contemplated getting up and leaving money for the salads and getting lunch elsewhere. Our food took an hour and a half to arrive and the restaurant was not busy. The food was just okay.

• Visited August 2014
Minneapolis, MN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We just moved to El Valle and had been disappointed in most of the restaurants here in Panama so far. (We have been here since summer of 2013). You would order a chicken breast and you would have to pick out a rib cage, or you would find feathers still attached to your chicken, or the food was bland (seriously I have not tasted any good rice dishes here in Panama yet, that I haven't made myself). I know tastes are so varied and maybe many people like what is offered.

So I didn't come to Bruschetta with high expectations, but I LOVED it. Their vegetable soup sounded good so I ordered it. It came out and had onions and peppers in a clear broth. I wasn't impressed until I took a bite. YUM!! And the salad, I love the oil and vinegar dressing because then you know for sure it doesn't have MSG in it. They do put a little too much on, but you just drain the lettuce :)

And I had the chicken skewers. YUM. Some of the most tender chicken in Panama. (And I order chicken everywhere because it seems to be the safe choice). I went again within the same week and ordered the same thing. Yep, that is going to be my go-to restaurant when I want to eat something here :) Good service and great food. Friendly waitstaff.. Great job!

• Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Much better than I was expecting”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had lunch on the patio, which cost about $12 per person including a soft drink, shared bruschetta, and entree per person. We had a Caesar salad with prawns and the vegetable spaghetti, both of which were pretty good. Service is slow, which is normal in Panama, but that also serves as a reminder to relax and enjoy the meal, so we didn't mind.

• Visited June 2014