“Very Satisfied”
Review of Canopy Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Canopy Lodge
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm a Photographer and I wanted to come away from Panama with something I was truly satisfied with and I was truly happy. The service was top notch and the guides are the best I have ever seen. I do plan on making a trip back to Panama and I will make a return visit. I was truly satisfied.//

Room Tip: I like the end room its well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank James W

Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a great place to stay and to bird. The rooms are spacious and the feeders attract all manner of birds. There are all sorts of trails around to search out other birds and animals. And the guides do a wonderful job of making sure that you see as many birds and animals as possible. The food is yummy as well and the staff works to make sure that everything is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Virginia F
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Visited for 3 nights and The Lodge exceeded our expectations in every way. The property, rooms, food, and guides were top notch.

I highly recommend the Lodge as a casually elegant home base for birding in the area. Raul, the owner, visited with us for a bit and clearly takes great pride in creating a special experience for
his guests.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank jfwoodman
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We spent several days in Gamboa before driving up to the Canopy Lodge. We had stayed at the sister facility Canopy Tower in 2005 while the lodge was under construction, and we were very happy to finally have a chance to get to the lodge. All I can say is, wow! What a setting! Beautiful forest surrounding the lodge, a rushing stream (sometimes it was difficult to tell if were hearing rain, the stream, or just the wind in the trees). The "patio" provides an excellent vantage point to watch the feeders and see the birds come in ... hummingbirds, tanagers, euphonias, oropendulas abound, not to mention prothonotary warbler and rufous motmot. A sunbittern was in the stream one morning, too. There are trails (and a zip line!) a short drive up the road, and a little farther up near the Toledano chicken farm you're in the cloud forest with nice opportunities to hike and bird there as well. The food was excellent, too. Some in our group had dietary restrictions which were accommodated without problems. Totally a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Personally I like the upper floor of the buildings as you have a balcony with views into the tree ca...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Liza W
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Wow, this place is fantastic. The birding, the weather, the guides, the food, the rooms! It's just pitch perfect. The laid back atmosphere is really wonderful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Food, property, and staff are excellent. Rooms are very comfortable and modern.

I am not a birder, which is a major attraction here. We went on several birding hikes, saw toucans, monkeys, hummingbirds and many more, with patient, very, very knowledgeable guides.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We had the best vacation of our life in Panama and our stay at Canopy Lodge was the frosting on the cake. The Lodge is beautiful, as is the setting. The staff is fabulous and eager to make your stay your best-ever. The food is very good and healthy, except for maybe the desserts. Thanks to the excellent guides, especially Danilo, I was able to add 136 new birds to my life list, but even if you aren't a birder, this is the place for you. You can visit the market in El Valle de Anton, laze around the hotel, lounge on your deck and watch the beautiful birds that come to the feeders, take a nature tour to see the sloths, monkeys, Basilisk lizards, iguana, etc. Another bonus is that we saw fewer bugs there than we see in the States. I hope I get to go back some day.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo