After a three hour drive from Panama City and about a 2 and half hour rough boat ride, it was a relief to arrive at this beautiful resort which is breathtaking. Under new management, the owners have big ideas for the resort, such a building a road to the resort and creating a travel destination town in addition to improving the bungalows sitting over the water. The new chef is a very good cook, but meals are served Panamanian time (the service is slow). But one comes to relax so enjoy the scenery as there is not much to do. The staff tries very hard to please. Our visit to see the Kuna Indians was disappointing as we were taken to a very small town on another rough boat ride. There was not much to see and the molas (traditional handicraft of the Indians) were inferior. The included lunch on another very small island was plentiful and very good. One could swim or play volley ball there. The bathrooms facilities were dreadful on this island and basically non-existent. Everyone in our group was happy to have visited Coral Lodge. If the new management is able to build a road into the resort, it would make the trip more enjoyable. Do go, if you want to chill out! And do bring a flashlight to walk back and forth from your cabin to the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Lodge. A quintessential eco-adventure lodge set in a pristine natural habitat. An isolated totally sustainable lodge that offers a variety of nature related adventures and a place to get away from it all. You will enjoy a diversity of natural environments, our charming over the water bungalows, a friendly low key service and our proximity to San Blas archipelago with its beautiful unspoiled islands and cultural heritage of the Kuna Indians.Diving, Reef Fishing, Snorkeling, Hobie Cat Sailing, Trekking, Kayaking, Horseback riding and relax are the activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Hotel Santa Isabel
- Coral Resort Santa Isabel
- Coral Lodge Panama/Santa Isabel