I did a lot of research when picking a place for my honeymoon and couldn't have been happier with my choice. I emailed Stephanie before getting there and she was very responsive and offered to arrange a taxi from the airport in Tambor for us. I'd highly recommend flying into Tambor instead of driving from San Jose. It's a lot easier and probably cheaper than driving. Plus if you need to get around once there, ATVs are available to rent.
The first thing we realized when we got there was that we were in a beautiful section of the world that wasn't highly developed. The beaches were great. They aren't shipped in sand, beaches, they were beautiful natural beaches. The roads were dirt for half the trip getting from the airport to the hotel, which made things slightly rough, but it wasn't bad.
The hotel is great. It's well designed. The infinity pool is sweet and they used local rocks to create the shower.
We had the two bedroom on the right side of the pool. It has a private balcony that was great for having breakfast on in the mornings. They provide their guests with dishes and silverware and cooking utensils.
The surfing lesson with Jim was a lot of fun. I wish I had done it earlier in our stay so that I could continue to practice. Stephanie was great at recommending places to go and setting up our horseback ride, ATV rental, and couple's massage.
Overall, a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa