My husband and I returned about a week ago from our amazing honeymoon in Costa Rica. We wanted to be away from the all-inclusives and big resorts in towns like Tamarindo and near Playa Flamingo. I actually found Casa Marbella through tripadvisor.com. I don't know how we could have had a better time! From the kindness of the owners to the practically private beaches each afternoon...it was the perfect location to really get away and relax. We would highly recommend the canopy tour in Montezuma, go to the 10am one because you get to have a break in the middle of zip-lining to jump in the waterfalls and swim for 30 min. We didn't know that this was going to happen so my husband and I just jumped in in our clothes, which worked perfectly fine as well! But if you can, wear your swimsuit under your clothes. We told Stephanie and Jim the night before we wanted to go zip-lining and they got it set up for us. They also set up a day trip to Isla Tortuga for us. It was through a tour company in Montezuma and was absolutely amazing! The trip was from 10am - 4pm and included the 45 min boat ride to the island (which was so pretty!), lunch cooked for you on the island, and free sodas, beer and bottled water the entire afternoon. All of this was $40/person and definitely worth it.
My husband and I would highly recommend renting a car while you're here. It's just so convenient to be able to go out exploring and to be able to go into near-by towns like Montezuma, Tambor and Mal Pais without having to deal with taxis and shuttles, etc. Just make sure you get a 4WD SUV. We had a Daitsu and it was perfect! One of our favorite days in Costa Rica was the day we just went driving around and visited Playas Manzanillo (a MUST-SEE!), Hermosa and Carmen. Hermosa had the best sand and swimming in our opinions, but it's a walk to get to Hermosa and Manzanillo without a car.
We could not have imagined a better location for our honeymoon. Casa MarBella was perfect, the patio was so relaxing at the end of the day, the rooms were clean and spacious, the AC was so quick to cool down the room when getting back in the evenings and Jim and Stephanie couldn't have been nicer. We can't wait to take some of our friends back with us someday to Santa Teresa and Casa MarBella!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa