My wife and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We have traveled all over the world and have some pretty unique tastes. We like to be in a civilized area but don't want to be in a cruisy, overly commercial resort where you get 0% of the culture (and miss the real experience of traveling) On this trip alone we stayed in San Jose, La Fortuna, and Monteverde for outdoor active activities we wanted to do in each town. Our trip was perfect but Casa Marbella was the crown jewel of our trip. My wife and I booked the two bedroom with the private balcony overlooking the ocean. I couldn't hardly get her to leave the hammock on the balcony! She just wanted to sit in that hammock all day and read. I finally convinced her to come down to the beach with me. Jim (the owner) hooked us up with a board (I surf) for cheap of the 3 main days we wouldn't have activities planned. He then offered to take me out to a few of the local breaks himself and tip me off on the best spots and approaches to catching the breaks. Nice boards and nice service. The boards are right there for you to use. They also have ATVs you can rent from the hotel. Prices allowed you to get it for traveling around to the other local areas on the peninsula.
Once we were done surfing we road our ATV over to Montezuma based on a conversation we had with Him and one of the other guests we had met (and went to dinner with) that week (recommended and provided directions). Road along the beach road and walked out on some of the most beautiful and untouched beaches we've ever seen.
Jim and Stephanie run this place like a bed and breakfast with class. We felt like we were going to stay with some old friends who happen to live in Costa Rica in one super nice house where things are kept up and clean. The two bed room includes a full kitchen so you can run down to Ronnie's Market and get some snacks, beers, etc for chilling at the house in the evening after a day out exploring or to just stay at the casa and feel the current of the experience. Water in the shower was without issue for us. I think one time we got a cold flush and it was because we didn't let the water warm up long enough before getting in.
The entire layout of this place makes sure to remind you that you are in the lap of Costa Rican luxury, both natural and man made. You don't get the funny CR smells up there on Jim and Stephanie's hill and when you look out at that pristine ocean, with the undulation of water endlessly running toward your shores you get an image burned into the depths of your visual cortex that reaches down into the pocket of your soul and puts you on that whispered secret of tico time. It's hard to leave this place. I find myself in the office closing my eyes and still imagining the image of the ocean from our balcony and can feel the magic of this place stirring the depths and putting my mind at peace. If you are in the area and want to understand how magical this place can truly be book a stay with Casa Marbella with Jim, Stephanie, and the other staff. Really fantastic place to stay everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa