My husband and I just returned from Casa MarBella. We had a fabulous week there, truly not enough time. We are already planning a return.
We flew into San Jose, rented a car, drove to the Puntarenas ferry, then drove 1.5 hours to Santa Teresa. Next time we will fly to Tambor and rent a car there or not. You really do not need a car in Santa Teresa so if you arrange a taxi to Casa MarBella as other reviews have mentioned, I think that is a better strategy.
First, Casa MarBella is an absolutely first tier hotel destination in every category: location, cleanliness, vibe, amenities, staff. We arrived at 8:00 pm after all day of travel and were greeted by Wilfredo, the night staff. He is charming and helpful and always smiling. We could hear the ocean as we got out of our car.
We were in room 2, which was spacious and well planned. The bathroom is shower, sink and toilet all together but also spacious. The rock wall shower was great after a long day of travel.
We awoke our first day to the sight of the ocean and delicious coffee, ready to pour at 5:00 a.m. thanks to Wilfredo. Coffee and the ocean belong together. They surfers in our group walked to the ocean and had a great session; the ladies walked the beach (which is beautiful...walk north for a stunning white sand beach) or did yoga on the fantastic elevated yoga pavilion. We enjoyed great breakfasts at the neighbor restaurant, Brisas del Mar. Great french press coffee, eggs, fruit, everything. Dinner is also fantastic, get the seafood grill and I am still thinking about the sangria.
You can easily walk to other great restaurants -try the soda at the bottom of the hill for a great local experience, the fantastic Super Ronny market (the cashier will look you right in the eye, smile and say "gracias",) and of course the ocean. I came home with lots of agates and shells. The proprietors were very accommodating and provided lots of helpful tips. I highly recommend Casa MarBella.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa