We were over in Santa Teresa for just a short break but wish we'd stayed longer. This is the end of the road in Costa Rica and a perfect spot for down time and taking it easy. Mal Pais and Santa Teresa are essentially one long dusty beach trail combining fabulous surfing waves with cool innkeepers like Jim and Stephanie and good food. There is no place like it in Costa Rica and a great destination point for a trip.
Jim welcomed us and showed us around. Our "suite" had a couple of bedrooms, bathroom and equipped kitchen - you could easily spend a week of solid down time here with a lovely pool just next to the front door. Everything is hand built with care and attention to detail - just the kind of setup we liked. Spotless and spacious too and everything has a view. Now there are 2 special benefits to staying here off site . . . you are steps to a very nice restaurant and just down the hill is possibly (no actually) the best bakery in Costa Rica (and we have VERY few) with Belgian owners and an Israeli baker.
We do recommend this place and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa