Casa Marbella, is, frankly, one of those places that just nails things.
The owners (Steff, Jim and their lovely little gem of a daughter) are personable and amiable to a fault. We consider them friends now after a combined 5 weeks of knowing them over 2 stays in 5 years :)
The staff are lovely, from Fausto who is just so nice to the cleaning ladies to Ameline on reception, everyone is happy to help.
The location is wonderful - up on the hill with a beautiful view and possibly the best restaurant in Santa Teresa a short (15 metre) walk up a private hillside.
The rooms are excellently finished and have everything you need to enjoy your stay. We had Room 1, with spare bedroom and terrace overlooking the ocean. Wow. Soooo relaxing.
The other guests - how often can you write that you HONESTLY made friends...not just passing acquaintances, but people you would travel to go and see again? From the North Welsh Marriage Brigade in the upstairs condo to the lovely Austrian couple across the pool, we have made some new friends.
Surfing is great here too and Jim is an excellent teacher - we came on leaps and bounds (which to be fair wasn't that tough given where we were coming from!).
I can't wait to come back - I would just love to hire the place out for all my friends and party here for a few weeks :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa