We stayed in a double room with a kitchenette for two weeks during Christmas & New Year's and had a wonderful time. The building itself is beautiful and the view from the pool and the sun deck is just amazing. I'm really glad we chose this place and none of the other options closer to the sometimes noisy and dusty main road through Santa Teresa. The hotel's location on top of a little hill is just perfect.
We spent most of our days surfing (renting equipment from the hotel - surf lessons with Jim can also be recommended), relaxing, reading books, eating great food and just enjoying the good life. Jim, Stephanie and the rest of the staff are really helpful and arranged everything we needed. A day trip to Curu National Wildlife Refuge with a guide is a great tip if you want to learn and see more of the flora and fauna of the area.
The hotel doesn't have a restaurant of its own, but with Santa Teresa's best food just next door (Brisas del Mar) you don't need to worry about that. There's also a lot of other great restaurants nearby and a few supermarkets where you can get what you need if you want to fix your own breakfast or other meals.
Definitely longing back to this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa