The local massuse told me, "The dusty roads of summer ruin your lungs and the rains turn the main street into a mud hole." So why, you might ask, anyone go to Santa Teresa? The answer would be Casa Marbella.
Custom-built by a couple originally from Florida, the comfortable rooms all have gas burners, a frig, and a microwave. Coffee is available in a nook of the main patio where there is a Frigg stocked with drinks, and a library where you can borrow books. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are clean and the maid will help keep you organized.
The deck/pool area overlooks a forested area where you might catch a glimpse of a monkey, and can bird and butterfly-spot. There is also a yoga deck, which doubles as the massage "room."
Jim and Stephanie couldn't be nicer. Everywhere you go in town, people know them and will tell you what good people they are. They live on the premises so there is always someone around during the day. At night, there is a local guard who waters the plants and keeps track of who is on the grounds. Jim also teaches surf lessons, and Stephanie is happy to teach private yoga classes. Both will be happy to arrange any service you want, and make local reservations for you.
There is a binder of recommendations in the room but one of the best perks of the location is being within steps of one of the best local restaurants, Brisas del Mar, and a yoga retreat, Horizon, where you can drop-in to yoga classes.
We enjoyed our time at Casa Marbella, partly because it is just plain wonderful, but also because of the wonderful people we meet there. Travelers from all over the world sat around the pool, shared stories, restaurant recommendations and enjoyed each others' company. The tone, set by Jim and Stephanie, carried out by their architectural design, just rubs off on their guests making this a wonderful spot for a wind-down vacation. Which might be one reason the internet connection was sketchy while we were there - could that forced unplugging also have been by design?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa