“We Had a Wonderful Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa MarBella
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hinsdale, Illinois
“We Had a Wonderful Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Marbella. Stephanie and Jim were terrific hosts and directed us to great beaches, yoga and restaurants. The 3 BR condo was clean and spacious and every evening we enjoyed the most spectacular sunsets on the balcony.

The beaches just down the hill from Casa Marbella were always filled with surfers and the waves are the reason surfers are drawn to Santa Teresa/Mal Pais. But just a few minutes drive north in Santa Teresa is Playa Hermosa which is a wonderful beach for swimming.

My family loved the local restaurants as well as the ability to cook for ourselves.

Room Tip: The 3 BR condos were wonderful for groups of 4 or more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I just got back from a week at Casa Marbella. I can not say enough nice things about the town, the hotel and the owners Jim and Stephanie. Every day trip and meal was set up for us and they suggested places that they knew we would like. Everyone is so laid back in town and it truly is a place to get away from " real life". The hotel had a mix of singles, couples and families and is perfect for everyone. I miss it already!!

• Stayed January 2013
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is literally dreamy. It is in walking distance to a plethora of restaurants, although it is a bit of a hike back up; a hike I needed because all the food is so delicious in Santa Teresa. The hotel deck is a perfect location to practice yoga, watch a sunset or the monkeys feeding in the trees, or get a massage while enjoying the sound of the birds and the waves. The beach is perfect for both novice and advanced surfers. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This review is long overdue, but not because we didn't love our stay! Jim and Stephanie are not only great hotel owners, but great people! They did everything to make sure our destination wedding was perfect. We rented the entire hotel to accommodate friends and family for our wedding and reception for 5 days and could not have been more pleased with the accommodations! The rooms were neat and clean (the cleaning staff did a great job of taking care of our large crew.) The view was incredible. Tucked away on the hillside, the road to Casa Marbella is a bit steep, but well worth the trek.
Jim took the time to try to teach our unruly bunch how to surf with great success. He is a wonderful instructor who takes the time to explain the concept of surfing before sending you out in the waves.
If you enjoy yoga at all, I highly recommend a session with Stephanie while you are there. Located on the yoga deck, the views are amazing and the yoga is even better. Stephanie is an incredibly skilled instructor and I felt like I got a great workout while getting a chance to relax and enjoy Costa Rica weather.
Stephanie and Jim both go out of their way to accommodate their guests. They were available to help organize tours, rent surf boards and just give general advice about Santa Teresa and the surrounding area. Getting 25 people to Costa Rica from all over the country should not have been an easy task, but Stephanie and Jim did a great job helping to organize and communicate with our party to create seamless travel arrangements. It took a great weight off of our minds when trying to organize a wedding!
My husband and I could gush over Casa Marbella for pages, but I will end this review with telling you that you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend Casa Marbella if you plan on staying in the Santa Teresa area. Some of our wedding party, along with my husband and myself, are already planning a return trip!
Oh, and don't pass on having dinner at Las Brisas restaurant just up the hill from the hotel! The best meal I have ever had in my life!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, I highly recommend the 3 bedroom condo. It has lots of space and great rooms...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Casa Marbella is a very restful and peaceful place to stay, it's walking distance to restaurants and beach - its a steep climb back up, but the food in Santa Teresa is good, so a walk after dinner is no bad thing! Our room was very comfortable and clean, lovely attention to detail in the design and use of local materials. The terrace and pool have incredible views over the ocean. Jim and Stephanie were very friendly and helpful. Great surfing lessons with Jim! We really hope to come back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Where to begin!!!! My mom and I stayed in a 2 bedroom at Casa Marbella at the the end of November. Our room was amazing. Everything you could ask for. Clean, comfortable, spatious and beautiful and how could you not fall in love with the amazing ocean views. Every night we sat on our deck watching the beautiful sunsets. Jim and Stephanie were incredible. My mom and I both did Stephanie's yoga class and I took a surf lesson with Jim both of which were incredible and relaxing. They provided reccommendations for the "best of" in Santa Teresa were spot on with every activity that we did on our trip. They helped book each adventure and checked in after to see how much fun we had. Sailing and zip lining were some of our favorites.Every nights our bellies were content with the amazing restaurant reccomendations they provided ( Brisas Del Mar being my favorite).Jim and Stephanie were the utmost best hosts we have ever had and created that " amazing " experience for us. I've been to costa rica several times but never have I had an experience like the one I just had.
Both my mom and I are raving to all of our friends and family about our trip and we hope others get to experience a trip like ours. Perfect from start to finish. Thank you for an amazing stay Casa Marbella. By far the best value and experience you will ever get!!!!! We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Casa Marbella, Jim and Stephanie are the best of the best.
When in Santa Teresa as a couple, we would stay nowhere else.
Rooms with Kitchens save tons of cash, the extra room cost for sure, over the expensive ST rest, scene.
See ya'll again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, two with no kitchen and 1 bed. Two with kitchen and one bed. two with kitchen a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple