My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa Marbella from the 17-25th of November, right at the beginning of the "dry" season. We stayed in the standard room with a kitchenette, which was perfect for our needs. The room and bathroom were perfectly clean when we arrived, and they housekeeping made the bed and tidied up the room daily.
There's not enough that can be said about the owners, Jim and Stephanie. They are incredibly nice and helpful, and ensure that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. They will organize all of your tours with transportation to and from, and Casa Marbella offers surfing lessons and yoga lessons as well as massage on site. We can vouch for the surf lessons with Jim which were a blast and also very helpful, but we did not do the yoga. However, those we talked to who did do yoga with Stephanie said it was excellent.
The hotel offers an infinity pool with a spectacular view. There is plenty of lounge seating as well in the pool area.
Santa Teresa is a great little town. There is not much for clubs/nightlife, but the local food options are fantastic. The people were all so friendly, and there were convenience stores that carried everything we needed. The beaches right next to the town are perfect for surfers and swimmers alike. There is also a restaurant (hence the restaurant 5-star review) that Casa Marbella provides a private entrance to right next door. I can't speak highly enough of the food and the view.
You cannot go wrong with this hotel and the area, in my opinion. So far it is the only place I have travelled to where I said I would come back again some day. Hopefully sooner than later!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa