Stayed at Casa MarBella in Dec '07 and loved every min. of it.
we kinda fell @ss backwards into Casa MarBella and couldn't have been happier. Due to it being Christmas time we were unable to find anywhere to stay in Mal pais that wouldn't break the bank. But while searching for a place to say we found one of the other hotels in Mal pais that while full had a "friend" who had a place that could be rented. It was cheap and available so we booked it. Once I arrived in Mal Pais the owner of the other hotel informed me that while the place we had booked was still available the neighbors had shown up and were parting till all hours and he could promise the place would be quite. He suggested that his Friends at Casa MarBella had a spare room and for only $5 more a night we should check it out. He took me up to see the hotel and meet Jim and Steph . One look at the immaculate rooms and the infinity pool and I was sold. We got lucky...the hotel was sold out but one of there rooms that they had just finished furnishing/outfitting was available since they had literally just finished getting it ready (door frame paint was till tacky when I arrived).
The hotel is laid out with 5 standard rooms (1 double 1 single bed), 2 two bedroom rooms with full kitchens and 2 three bedroom apartments.
The Standard rooms have bar fridges while the bigger rooms have full kitchens as well as balconies with hammocks.
There hotel courtyard is taken up by an infinity pool over looking the tree's and the ocean and an outdoor shower for de-sanding after the beach.
Jim and Steph live in one of the three bedrooms but I believe will move around if the space is required by a big family or group.
The only complaint that we had about the hotel was that it was at the top quite a big hill, not really a big problem but after a long day of surfing or hiking it was a bit of a chore :)
Jim and Stephanie were great and made sure we were enjoying our stay....they arranged any taxi's we needed as well as renting Quads and restaurant recommendations. Jim also does surf lessons and even though we went out on probably the worst day for surfing ever...a fun time was still had by all.
The hotel is near to everything in Mal Pais including the beach, supermarket, yoga and restaurants. The Hotel Buenos Ares is 50 feet away at the top of the hill and has a great restaurant over looking the ocean.
Over all this hotel was a great place and I can't wait to go back and stay with Jim and Stephanie again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MarBella is a boutique hotel situated on a mountain slope in Santa Teresa. The property provides a spectacular panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean and is a five-minute walk to the beach, restaurants, and stores. Being surrounded by rainforest, it offers a unique opportunity to watch wildlife in their natural habitat. The area is renowned for its consistent surf breaks, some of which are walking distance from the property. The Casa consists of eight units with four different typologies of rooms for your different needs and group sizes. It is an ideal venue for those seeking the privacy, services, and comforts of individual hotel rooms, yet the intimacy of a private villa. The décor of the rooms is a minimalist approach with a tropical touch. The amenities of the hotel include free parking area, Wi-Fi in the common areas, infinity pool, ocean view yoga deck, sun terrace, and reception. All of the rooms have ocean view and air conditioning. Services we provide include house keeping, massage, babysitting, and concierge where we can schedule an array of activities for no extra charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Casa MarBella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marbella Santa Teresa
- Casa Marbella Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa MarBella Costa Rica/Santa Teresa