Wow, this is a true gem! Brad and Tara (and Aunt Judi if you’re lucky enough to have her there) will make you feel like long lost family.
We were greeted by Brad’s huge smile when we arrived as he helped carry our luggage to our villa. We were perfectly prepared by Tara’s thoughtful advice on what to bring, activities suited for us, vehicle choices (take the ATV!), and perhaps most important: take the puddle jumper from San Jose (save the 4-5 drive which will most likely be in the dark on unpaved roads – the drive was the only complaint we ever heard from guests). Brad and Tara work with first rate individuals and all the activities we participated in were of an outstanding nature due to the character of the owners. We participated in a zipline tour, local fishing, surfing and many random adventure rides on the ATV. Some great rides were recommended by the activity folks but we have to tell you: if Brad offers to take you on an ATV tour – jump on it!! Brad will escort you on an epic adventure to some incredible out of the way places. We were treated to a beachfront café where the owner swam out to get fresh shrimp off the closest fishing boat while we relaxed in hammocks with cold cervezas. Say no more!
Brad and Tara didn’t just take care of us; they take great care of their staff and the environment. And what an environment they live in! We were there at the end of dry season and it was breathtaking; even though the wet season is supposedly better (and not so much dust!). The beach at their place will leave you pining, especially at low tide. Wide swaths of undulating white velvety sand with perfectly cascading waves. And everyone makes the pilgrimage to the beach at sunset for “sunset TV” – family, guests, locals and animals. These images will be tattooed to the inside of your eyelids at the end of your day. We have not had a vacation like this in either of our lifetimes. We miss you Brad, Tara, Monica, Jeremy, staff, and of course Aunt Judi; thanks for making Villas Hermosas our home away from home. We hope to see you again soon.
Mi casa es su casa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa