“PARADISE FOUND”
Review of Villas Hermosas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Villas Hermosas
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Long Beach, New York
“PARADISE FOUND”
Reviewed April 3, 2009

My now fiance (who proposed to me at sunset on the endless, pristine beach feet away from the resort) and I traveled with friends of ours to Villas Hermosas where we relaxed and played for 7 days. After a long and bumpy road, we arrived, at night so we were not able to see the beautiful surrondings that awaited us. Brad, who is the second half of the owners, was waiting for us and with a gregarious and open smile, grabbed our luggage and carried it to our villa. We were exhausted.
What a comfort to have our friends greet us at the door with a glass of wine in hand coupled with the warm surroundings of our villa.
When we awoke to the sounds of birds chirping and howler monkeys calling we poured a cup of coffe and relaxed outside on our porch and soaked up the beautiful surrondings of Villas Hermosas. It was simultaneous, the humming birds flitted from flower to flower, the bright green parrots tawnted each other from tree to tree as we walked the serene path towards the beach. We shared the beach with no one else but a few pelicans surfing the waves, we felt like we were beginning the journey of our own Robinson Coruso Tale.
Shortly after we received the first of our complimentary breakfasts which was served every morning with fresh fruits, gallo pinto, eggs and baked goods of the day. We were always served with a smile. Our days were filled with surfing, fishing, snorkeling and jungle adventures all arranged by Tara, the second half of the owners. Tara, greeted us every morning with positive energy and informative ideas on how to spend our day. On a number of evenings we were able to take advantage of the "rancho" and barbeque that was available for use by all the guests. We cooked the fish we caught for dinner and got to know the friendly guests who shared the resort with us. On the hot afternoons we lounged in the pool, and listened to the peaceful sounds of the wild jungle surrounding us with a babbeling waterfall behind us.
If you're looking for a friendly, laid back, family oriented atmosphere, that's also great for couples, this is a wonderful place to experience amidst Costa Rica's wildnerness-paradise. The next review you read will be after our wedding at Villas Hermosas. We love you Brad and Tara!!!

1 Thank LizSlesh10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Alaska
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Villa Hermosas is an outstanding place. Brad and Tara are helpful and energetic hosts. The staff is excellent. The beaches for surfing, snorkeling, body surfing, or boogie boarding are a short, pleasant walk from the villa. It was truly a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Dave & MK - Alaska

TENNESSEE
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Villas Hermosas is a wonderful resort to visit. From the time i got there i felt that i was visiting old friends.Everyone there just made you feel at home.The staff was professional, courteous and was always smiling.The villa we relaxed in was spacious,clean and very secure.The kitchen had everything you needed and the hammocks on the porches were nice to nap in.The rancho was a great place to read or surf the web on my laptop and take a break from the sun and the breakfast that was served every morning was very tasty and so convenient.
The sunsets were the best part of my trip. When the sun was almost down, we all would gather on the beach and discuss the day of activities we enjoyed and Brad and Tara would give us advice on witch restaurants to try for that evening.
Overall i had a fabulous vacation at Villas Hermosas. While i was there we surfed,went on a canopy tour(ziplines),rented ATV's,had a yoga class and snorkled and had some great food at the local restaurants. I am looking forward to my next visit there.

1 Thank 4WHEELERTN
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have been home for less than a week, & I already miss Tara & Brad & the kids. You know you had a good vacation when the people are as memorable as the place you went. The entire staff is terrific!

Villas Hermosas is beautiful. We did not stay in it, but the Honeymoon Suite is gorgeous! Next time, we must do that. Instead, we stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas, as we were traveling with friends. The villas are so well designed that you will feel at home right away. The bathrooms are beautiful & spacious, the beds are comfortable, & the kitchen is ready for cooking. The "rancho" is the common area out by the pool where breakfast is served each morning, but you quickly realize that it is much more than that. It is the heart of Villas Hermosas. It is where people eat, socialize, read, sunbathe, & generally have a good time.

One last thing I must mention is the beach, Playa Hermosa. Every night of our week long stay (& I do mean EVERY night!) we would go out to the beach with Tara & Brad to watch "Sunset TV." I have never enjoyed a sunset more than on Playa Hermosa.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My wife and I visited Villas Hermosas close to this time last year - staying in the Honeymoon Suite. We loved our experience there so much that once we came back and raved about our trip to our friends. The obvious happened...we all had to come back together.

This year we booked two villas and once again our expectations where not only met, but exceeded. We filled our time with many more excursions and experiences than last time and we all had the time of our lives. It really went to show my wife and I how versatile not only the hotel but the area can be. We surfed, Ziplined and had an amazing ATV tour (my favourite).

Additionally, Brad and Tara were once again fantastic. They booked the above mentioned activities, were fantastic hosts and once again recommend new restaurants (which were outstanding). To that point, the Costa Rican guide books talk about not expecting much with regards to good food - i disagree. Talk to the locals.

This trip has now become a yearly event with my family and friends. Obviously, I highly recommend it.

Otterpuppet
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Top line: Breathtaking views of the ocean, an AMAZING pool area, one of the coolest lounge areas you'll ever see and an atmosphere of relaxation and beauty.

I have never travelled anywhere as remote in my life, but the comfort and hospitality offered by Tara, Brad and the unbelievable staff at Villas Hermosas is second to NONE. We spent a week in their family villas and only wished we could have stayed another month! From the moment we arrived until the seconds before our departure, the trip was picture perfect. The accommodations are comparable to any 4-5 star resort I've stayed in on my many travels around the world. Even if we hadn't taken any of the excursions recommended by the resort, I would have been perfectly content staying at Villas Hermosas 24/7 for the entire week. Breakfast is included with the price of your stay and starts the morning off right!

The only problem is: I worry I will never see another sunset, surf another wave, or receive better hospitality anywhere else I travel...

Los Angeles
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Nothing can really prepare you for your arrival at Villas Hermosas. The drive in isn't easy, but after an hour of rough dirt roads you pull into a little piece of paradise.

The small compound contains 3, 2 bedroom Villas surrounding a small but perfect pool and a communal area they call "The Rancho" where breakfasts are served and the rest of your day is enjoyed.

A small, beautiful pathway leads past the gorgeous "Honeymoon suite", a one bedroom villa with a view of the ocean, and onto the secluded Playa Hermosa. It is here, that we gathered each night, with the owners, Brad & Tara, to watch the sunset. In the entire week we were there, we rarely saw more than a few other people walking, or surfing along the strand. After staying at more populated tourist destinations (such as Hawaii and the Caribbean) it was this seclusion that struck me the most.

We were on vacation with a small group of friends, which meant we had the hotel almost entirely to ourselves. However, even one couple alone would get the sense that they have stumbled onto their own private retreat. There is no fighting over deck chairs, no waiting in lines, no crowded bathrooms or over strained facilities. The moment you arrive, you realize that this is your place, to use in exactly you're own way. Even when every room was filled there is a sense of peace, quiet and, above all, a sense of ownership at Villas Hermosas. It felt like our place, and that is something I have never experienced anywhere else.

Strangely enough, this sense of privacy encouraged, rather than discouraged, us to meet the other guests. When we arrived we were welcomed by the family already staying there, just as we welcomed the guests who arrived after us. We made real friends at the Villas Hermosas and I know we wills stay in touch with many of them.

The real key to this experience was Brad and Tara who welcomed us like family but never imposed their presence on us. They helped us explore the area, recommended restaurants and activities, and hung out with us at the Rancho. They are both incredible people with 2 incredible children and I want to go back to see them as much as to revisit Costa Rica.

In short, Villas Hermosas is an incredibly rare and wonderful place and I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple