Villas Hermosas is a magical place for a family vacation. Actually, anyone can enjoy it, with or without kids. But, we loved that our kids had playmates in Brad and Tara's kids (our daughters have already emailed each other since our return to the states), that there were the sweetest dogs that took care of us while we were there (We miss Reefy, Oz and Ossa!) and that every night at 6pm, most people staying at Villa Hermosa (including Brad and Tara and the family) and the friends next door, came together to enjoy sunset on the beach.
The setting is unbeatable, with the gorgeous beach at your back door, beautiful landscaping and a fantastic pool to cool off in after a "tough" day of snorkeling, surfing, tide pooling and eating. The villas are simply appointed, with everything you could need. I loved that we had air conditioning in each room so that we didn't waste resources cooling the whole place since we were barely in the villa at all except at night to sleep.
We all loved the community refrigerator, which made getting a snack or a drink easy for all of us.
Most of all, we loved that Villa Hermosas provided us with the perfect place for a true family vacation. We were happy, our kids were happy, and we spent 6 days/nights just hanging out together. Thanks, Brad and Tara! We will see all of you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa