We stayed at Villas Hermosas for five nights; four in the honeymoon suite and one in the poolside family villa since the honeymoon suite was pre-booked our last night there. And we just loved our stay, every day of it. I have never been more sorry to have to end a vacation! Both the suite and villa were large and well appointed, and the grounds were lush and expertly maintained. Our hosts, Tara and Brad, made us feel both welcome and comfortable, hitting that delicate balance only great hosts do: providing the best information on the area whenever we needed it, while making sure we had enough space to ourselves for privacy and solitude. They were perfect! I was also impressed with the info-book that Tara put together for each of the villas, containing detailed suggestions for everything from eating out to acquiring lessons for riding Santa Teresa's great waves. (A special mention for Chris at the Shaka Beach Club-- he managed to get us up on a board our first try ever, and although I'm athletic, I am not, umm, the typical age of the young beach surfer scene.) We rode horses with local guide Casey and a cowboy from Ario Horse Tours, exploring hills with incredible views of the sea, heading down for a trot along a deserted beachfront (another excellent rec from our hosts). But most of our days were spent taking long walks along the quiet shoreline, reading on swinging hammocks, piecing together our shell collection, and watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. It was exactly what a break from our lives in Boston needed! I can't recommend Villas Hermosas enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa