We stayed here 3 nights in the Honeymoon Suite which faces the ocean and we couldn’t have picked a better place in Santa Teresa.
• The grounds are immaculate and beautiful.
• We had a big porch out front with two chairs, a picnic table and hammock.
• The kitchen area had a stove, full size refrigerator and utensils w/a table that sat 4.
• The seating area had a large sofa, chair and satellite tv
• We had a four poster bed with canopy.
• There is plenty of closet space.
• We found that in many areas of Costa Rica you cannot flush your toilet paper down the toilet but they have a tight-fitting trash can next to the toilet to put it in. It seems strange at first but I quickly got used to it.
• Breakfast is from 8-10 and they have fresh fruit (mangos, papaya, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon – all very ripe and delicious), eggs made to order, chocolate waffles one morning, cinnamon bread another, juice and coffee. It’s served at the covered pool area with picnic tables to sit at. It’s very pleasant and Krissy was very friendly and great to have a conversation with.
• On the grounds is a nice swimming pool, and if you have kids, a small playground. It’s very private and fairly quiet.
• The pathways are gravel or sand with lots of trees and plants around.
• The beach was steps from our door
• We had good wi-fi connection the entire time.
• A large dispenser of bottled water with a tap for hot water was in our room.
• The water pressure in the shower is good.
• There is a foot faucet in the shower to wash your feet after you’ve been on the beach.
• They have a guard from 6pm-6am out front and a safe in your room that is large enough for any valuables including computers.
• Brad and Tara are wonderful hosts. Tara helped us with dinner suggestions and reservations as well as directions. She also made reservations for our zipline tour and put it on our credit card. She is great with suggestions if you tell her what you’re looking for. She never steered us wrong.
• Everyone here was exceptionally friendly, from Brad and Tara (and their children) to the men raking the grounds every day.
• We did not have cell service here. But, you only need to go into town a little ways and you’re good to go.
• The a/c when it comes on was very loud in our room and will wake you up at night, so I suggest earplugs. But take them out as soon as you wake up so you can hear the sound of the howler monkeys and birds (and a rooster) just outside your door!
It’s obvious Brad and Tara take pride in the place. I would highly recommend staying here.
A side note: We rented a car to get around this part of Costa Rica. Some people have 4-wheelers (but at this time of year it’s VERY dusty on the dirt roads – we were glad we opted for the car.) We are a little ways from the town area but there are a few restaurants you could walk to. The rest you can take a taxi to if you have no other transportation. We found that a car was nice since we were driving into Montezuma. Roads in this area are mostly NOT paved. They are dirt with lots of potholes – you can’t drive but 15-20 mph max most of the time so you don’t get anywhere fast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Villas Hermosas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa