Have recently returned from a 5 night stay at VH and our first time to Costa Rica, and we speak basically no Spanish. In summary I would go back in a second, it was a great time and experience. Other reviews have accurately captured the details of this restful place. There are 4 Villas, 3 in tropical growth at the far end from the beach, next to the very nice pool/rancho area, and one that is closer to the beach. Nothing is far from the beach or pool so it really does not matter which villa you get. You begin your day with a good breakfast of fruit and pancakes/French toast/eggs. There is plenty of coffee and OJ. Then you decide what you would like to do; beach, pool, ATV tour, or explore around the area… it’s all good. We did the 5-6 hour ATV tour (lead by Brad one of the owners), never having done one before and had a great time seeing sights we’d never have experienced on our own. Beach time was unbelievable with warm water, and a long empty beach (like 25 people total, mostly surfers). Plenty of gear for rent and towels are supplied. This is your reward for the dusty/bumpy journey to VH and it is worth every bump (however we did decided to fly back to SJ from Tambor, but the shuttle from SJ to VH was also well worth it). The beach has a very gentle slope so you can walk out a long ways before it gets deep. The best beach is slightly to the right of the villas, about a 3 minute walk. When your day is over you gather under the trees and watch the sunset, we made all 5 with drinks in hand, and it was fantastic. After sunset it is off to dinner at one of many great restaurants in Santa Teresa. You can put your trust in Tara to make excellent recommendations and sort out the logistics of any request you might have (like last minute surf lessons). It was really great to make an inquiry and know that she would make it happen. Have her set up a private chef ahead of time to come to your Villa! Finally I’ll mention the Villas themselves are first rate (clean, comfortable, roomy and cool) considering where you are. You get to live in relative luxury yet experience the full spectrum of the local lifestyle when you are off property, it so beats staying in the artificial surroundings and “shelter” of a large resort. The animal life and sounds are everywhere, but the one we miss the most is their dog Reef, he’ll be your friend every single time you go to the beach. Oh I wish I was there now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Villas Hermosas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa