My husband planned the perfect Costa Rican getaway for our family. But he couldn't have done it without all of the advice received from Tara & Brad during our planning phase. With their recommendations, we arrived in San Jose where we stayed at a wonderful recommended hotel; arranged a private charter flight on a recommended airline into Tambor; where our rental car was waiting for us for out trek to Santa Theresa. The accommodations, grounds, staff & beach access at Villas Hermosas are unmatched. My husband the morning person enjoyed his solitary walks on the beach each morning, often seeing only one other person on his 2 mile walk down the beach; while I enjoyed sleeping in, and meeting him with the kids at breakfast later in the morning. Be sure to get to know the staff. Everyone has their own interesting story about what brought them to Santa Theresa, and their own insight into the area.
We took full advantage of the easy beach access while there, enjoying the surf at Playa Hermosa, the great snorkeling at the large tidal pool, and the sunsets that are beyond words. It was great having snorkle gear, beach chairs & umbrella, and other beach gear available for our use during our stay. There are also some FABULOUS restaurants, believe it or not. Just a 200 yard walk down the beach in either direction, and you are at 2 of the best restaurants you may ever go to. Koji's will rival any Japanese place you have ever been to. And Pranamar has some great fresh, local fish & produce used in their inventive dishes.
Another highlight was Brad's ATV tour. Our 17 year old son had a blast running the ATV on the beach. Our kids also had a great time at the pool with Brad & Tara's kids. As well as our dog...uh, I mean, their dog, Reef. Our dog-loving' daughter loved waking up to Reef on our front porch, swimming with him in the ocean, and having him as a companion during our stay. Boy, talk about a dog's life!
We were all sad to have to leave. Our 13 year old daughter is already making plans to move there after college. I hope Brad & Tara still will still need a Nanny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa