If you can find this possible, the reviews on here drastically understate how AMAZING Villas Hermosas is for a relaxing vacation. The resort itself is immaculate, the villas are very big inside and the beach is out of this world. The sunsets are amazing.........each night taking on a different beautiful look in the sky......each painting unique. EVERY restaurant we went to was as good as the previous one. I cannot give you one bad restaurant in town. Brisas Del Mar was amazing to watch the sunset overlooking the Pacific, Koji had amazing Japanese food and is walkable from the resort.
The 'difference maker' with this resort compared to other 5 star resorts are the HOSTS. Both Tara and Brad are wonderful and go out of their way to accommodate any and all requests with a smile. From the minute you arrive, they make you feel 'welcome' and that warmth doesn't disappear even after you get home from you vacation. My only word of caution, and Tara is the first to tell you before you come, DO YOUR HOMEWORK. This is not South Beach or San Diego. There are minimal paved roads with most dirt roads needing a 4x4 to travel on. Depending on your interests for a vacation that could be a deterrent. The reality is, it enhances the beauty of Costa Rica to be able to see it intact and unaltered like so many places we visit that have become commercialized for tourism.
Breakfast at the Ranchiro cooked by Kristie is amazing and the perfect touch to start your vacation day out each morning with a smile.
DO NOT MISS Brad's ATV tour.................it was probably the highlight of our trip. I would suggest doing it early in your trip as you will surely want to do it again.
I could go on and on but the best thing to do is to go see it for yourself. Words cannot describe what you are about to experience.
Brad and Tara make it painful to leave as they, and their 2 children, make you feel so wonderful during your vacation.
The entire family and staff 'kill you with kindness'.
We will definately be back again soon to see our new friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinctive beachfront hotel, Villas Hermosas, is located in Playa Hermosa of Mal Pais on the Pacific Ocean in Costa Rica. Please come and share with them their playful surf, thriving jungle, empty beaches, tropical gardens, and inviting swimming pool, while enjoying all the comforts of home! With only four villas, they offer a uniquely intimate experience. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villas Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Hermosas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Villas Hermosas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa