Villas Hermosas
$146
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotels.com
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$110
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
Priceline
$295
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewsatv tourhoneymoon suiteevery morningeggs to orderother guestshowler monkeyssan josevacation spotlittle piece of paradisetide poolspura vidabeautiful poolsurf lessonsboogie boardshome away from homehanging bedfull kitchen
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The great reviews are spot on; the villas are intimate, beautiful, spacious, and comfortable, and Brad and Tara couldn't have been better hosts. When my husband and I were deciding where we wanted to go on our honeymoon, we both decided we wanted to be around the beach and friendly people, and we wanted plenty of activities and nature along with a small town atmosphere. We chose the Villas based on the reviews and the price. We knew we were in for a good time when we arrived and there was a sign on the office door telling us to find our hosts on the beach. It was awesome. We stepped out, and there was the whole family just enjoying Paradise.

Right when we arrived, Tara helped us ditch our rental car (she arranged for Toyota to pick it up for us) and had an ATV brought to us. We spent the rest of the vacation on an ATV. Brad took us on an awesome ATV tour, and they were there to give food recommendations and directions to anywhere we needed to go. Mmmm. Don't miss out on the Tuna Ceviche just in town at Rancho Burger. Breakfast was really yummy and nice, and it was super cool that they had a fridge in the rancho next to the pool stocked with drinks and munchies. I just don't think you can find this type of service and intimacy at the big hotels. My husband and I honestly felt like we were hanging out with our friends from home. I find myself telling all of my friends that they not only need to go to Costa Rica, but that they are crazy if they don't go stay with Brad and Tara at the Villas Hermosas.

5  Thank TorranceSeaMonkey
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Is this review TL;DR? Let me summarize by confirming all of the positive reviews for this property.
This 4-unit (plus owner's unit) property felt like it was a million miles from anywhere - only you could easily drive into town for supplies and restaurants. The beach immediately adjacent to the property was pretty rocky, but just walk a short ways down the beach and you have a giant beach practically to yourself (and a handful of local doggies). Brad and Tara are just a cool and fun as the other reviewers say. DO NOT MISS Brad's quad-tour! Tons of fun and the best value of any local attraction. The accommodations were very nice, grounds are beautiful, and the pool was refreshing and relaxing. One note, this is a family-friendly resort so you will likely encounter children, the owner's kids are adorable, but there most certainly will be children present for some portion of the visit.

Room Tip: The honeymoon unit looks absolutely great, but hard to get - plan ahead.
5  Thank PickyTraveler-CA
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Where to start with so many great memories from our honeymoon.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite at Villas Hermosas for 11 days and 10 nights at the end of May into the first few days of June 2012.

We decided to fly in through San Jose and then puddle jump to Tambor using Sansa Air. Once in Tambor we rented a car from Budget. This worked for us and I would recommend this approach to others. The Sansa flight was easy and Budget was friendly and met our needs. If you can follow a road and read a sign I would not pay the extra money for a GPS. It was very easy to find VH with Tara's directions.

Upon our arrival we were instantly introduced into the relaxed culture of Santa Teresa. We were greeted by Brad who hopped out of the pool, carried our bags and gave us a short tour of the amenities. We found the honeymoon villa to be spacious and it contained everything we needed. The villa is right on the beach and I will guarantee you will not be disappointed, we weren't.

Each morning we were greeted in the rancho by Kristi, a true asset to VH. She not only prepares a great breakfast and makes a mean banana bread but is also a wealth of information about the area. It was on her recommendation that we followed the river next to VH into the jungle, had a great massage, learned fun facts about Costa Rica and found the best soda (local food) in town. Be sure to pick her brain on your visit.

As others have said at length, Brad's ATV tour is not to be missed. We enjoyed it so much that we went on a second trip. Both with memories that will last a life time. The trip is packed with great views, river crossings, rides on the beach and even a stop...or two for drinks and/or a bite to eat. Brad has a knack for assuring everyone has a great time on the excursion.

Although we found the restaurants to be more expensive than we expected, there was something for everyone and Brad and Tara are happy to recommend and even make reservations to the hot spots. I would recommend Brisas Del Mar for a delicious dinner and a great seat for the sunset. Also try Pita for a well priced and delicious lunch. Habanero was great for drinks on the beach and the food was very good. Al Chile Viola had a delicious menu as well.

Another great seat for the sunset as many have mentioned is on the beach in front of VH. This is surely not to be missed. The array of colors and relaxing sound of the surf will hopefully stick with us until our next visit.

Thank you to Brad, Tara and the entire VH staff for an unforgettable honeymoon.

2  Thank teeterkeene
Reviewed May 4, 2012

There is simply no other way to say it because Villas Hermosas seriously gave me the best vacation of my life. I cannot thank Brad and Tara enough for everything they did to make our trip so perfect.

Costa Rica was a place I had always wanted to go and the experience exceeded my expectations. Everyone we met was extraordinarily friendly, the food was delicious every place we ate, the scenery even more beautiful than I imagined and the adventures could not have been more invigorating or fun.

I spent about 8 days at Villas Hermosas with 13 of my closest friends and there were days where the biggest decision we had to make was whether we should be swimming in the ocean or drinking champagne in the pool. The next day we would jump on our ATV's, hike to a waterfall (off of which we jumped), zip line through the jungle, rope swing into watering holes and then race the sunset as we crested over the mountain on our four wheelers headed back to our "home" for the week where we ended the day night swimming and dance partying.

Every morning we were greeted in the rancho with a scrumptious made to order breakfast. I haven't been so spoiled since I lived at home with my parents! The villas made our stay so comfortable. They were extremely clean and cozy with plenty of space for us all to stretch out, get some privacy when we needed and enjoy the common areas together. Every staff member who worked on site was kind, respectful and super friendly.

The most fantastic massage therapist ever came to our villa. Twice! We went horseback riding on the beach where our guide brought the horses to US at the almond grove on site and then let us run those beautiful creatures through the waves. It was the most glorious horseback riding experience of my life. Reef, my new favorite dog who lives at the Villas, would escort us out to the beach and not leave our side until we returned home. He was so loyal and happy. We couldn't help but laugh watching him jump through puddles and waves with such abandon. It is simply impossible not to relax there.

I could go on about this place forever but the bottom line is I could not recommend staying here more. It's a beautiful part of the world and Villas Hermosas is the ideal place to experience everything Costa Rica has to offer! I know I will be back and cannot wait until that day comes. I know Brad and Tara will take care of me and anyone I bring along. They run a beautiful property and now they are friends forever.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank SarahCow
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We are a family of 5 (3 kids, 14, 12 & 8) and it was simply the best family vacation we have ever had. Villas Hermosas is amazing, as are Tara and Brad! Accommodations were great, location perfect and all activities at your fingertips and flawlessly arranged by Tara & Brad. Its a no-brainer! I just wanted to confirm all the great reviews...it really is all true.

Also, Tara arranged for horseback riding on the beach with Katarina, she was awesome with our 8-year old and gently helped her get over her fear of riding.

Room Tip: Plan ahead, with all the great feedback, they get booked early.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family