I have to echo the other positive reviews: our time at Blue Surf was really pretty amazing. Location was convenient and we felt very safe in our villa. Mariella was very thorough and timely in cleaning our room each day - it could not have been more spotless. The reception staff - Julie, Sofie, Sara and Jude - were extremely welcoming and knowledgable. They made our stay so comfortable. I don't easily settle in to places but I truly did not want to leave Blue Surf. Not only because of the beauty and warm weather but our time was really special...
We did the surf and yoga package and enjoyed our beach walk to FlorBlanca each day for breakfast and then yoga. The yoga was not what I expected but I was glad to have it as part of my day. I've been doing mostly vinyasa and power yoga for about 2 years and although the class style is advertised as vinyasa most days, from what little I know about different styles it was iyengar-derived. Bottom line is that it was just different for me, still nice to practice.
Daily surfing lessons with Toro were probably the major highlight of the trip. My friend and I are beginners and he was very patient. At times I was intimidated by the waves but Toro helped me to feel comfortable and confident. I imagine he is an excellent surfer but he never made me feel badly for failing to pop up correctly or taking (many) falls off the board. It wasn't all falling, because of the daily lessons and personal attention I did get up several times and rode some short waves. He was a great teacher and I highly recommend a lesson with him. Overall our time at Blue Surf was a blast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Surf Sanctuary is a small boutique hotel & upscale surf school located in magical Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, 100 yards from the sand!Gorgeous bungalows with daily housekeeping, A/C, pool and fully equipped kitchen. We pride ourselves on our stellar customer service, our use of organic soaps and consciousness about our beautiful oceanWe offer both accommodations only, surf packages or surf lessons to outside clients! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Blue Surf Sanctuary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Hotel Santa Teresa
- Blue Surf Sanctuary Costa Rica/Santa Teresa