My boyfriend and I stayed at Casa Zen for a few days in May 2009 and were very happy with our experience. We had a first floor room right next to the kitchen which was clean, spacious, cute and quiet. The bathrooms and showers were always clean and available. Everyone at the reception/kitchen area was helpful and friendly, and the food was really good. Casa Zen employs some talented chefs. We especially loved the second floor hammock area!
As much as we loved Casa Zen, it isn't for everyone. Guests tend to be younger backpackers/surfers. Everyone staying at the hotel was delightful, but may not be suited for older travelers. There were no screens on our windows and I'm really creeped out by insects. However, we only had a few flies and one crab get into the room, so no big deal (the crab got in because we left the door open for awhile). While we didn't have any noise issues, I'm not sure if one could sleep in really late just because noise will travel into the rooms. Finally, there was not hot water, but it's sooo hot and humid that the cool showers felt wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa