So I arrive at the beautiful beach of Santa Teresa in early July. After walking the single road from Malpais I stumble upon Casa Zen. Tucked away in luscious gardens, this affordable yet neat little hostel really lives up to its name. With plenty of 'hanging-out' areas set with pillows and hammocks, it is easy to unwind and chill out. This is furthered by a friendly and open atmosphere at the hostel, which is mustered in no small part by the awesome guys that run the place.
The hostel is within spitting distance of the beach, and two great surf spots (playa Carmen and playa Santa Teresa) spoil the more active traveller. It is also possible to rent Quads from various places in the town
There is a supermarket about 50 metres away further down the road, and good provision to cook for yourself at the hostel with two working kitchens.There are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance (if you're lucky you may catch some fresh home-made empanadas from next door!). Complimentary breakfast is also served at the hostel each day.
The hostel hosts daily yoga sessions- the gorgeous surroundings makes the experience more spiritual....despite the fact that I hadn't sweat so much in my entire life.
As the name suggests, I was only planning on staying in Santa Teresa for a few days. I didn't leave till Mid August. It was undoubtedly the best time I had during my 3 month trip to Central America.
Ara, Kelly, other Kelly and Minor (not forgetting Ron-B) you guys made my stay amazing
Best of Luck
Dr. James :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa