Casa Zen is a wonderful place to stay! The building is nice and got an asian touch, situated in a small garden. The owner Kelly, is a great person, who really cares for her guests and is always helpful, as is the whole staff at Casa Zen. The rooms are simple, but homey and the beds are comfortable. There are no private bathrooms, but the communal showers and toilets are always spotless and there are a lot of them, so you don't have to wait in line.. ;) Casa Zen is close to the beach (1 minute), but if you want to surf, the better spots are 10-15 minutes walking distance. If you don't feel like surfing, you can just relax in one of the hammocks on the wonderful Yoga-Deck! You can do daily Yoga classes there as well, which are really nice, too!
Though the restaurant of Casa Zen closed recently, you don't have to worry about getting enough to eat. There are a number of great places around ("Casa del Mar" has great barbecue, "Rancho Burger" serves delicious fish and other dishes) and you can use the former restaurant kitchen as a communal kitchen now, so that's really well equipped.
We stayed at Casa Zen for a whole week (extended twice, because it was just so nice!) and would definitely recommend the place to anyone, who looks for a friendly, nice and clean place in Santa Teresa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa