Having lived in Costa Rica previously for 11 years, I kinda knew how to "expect the worst, hope for the best". CZ is somewhere in the middle. The service was ok, mostly friendly but losing the personal touch that is so important and that they should not let slip. The property is very nice and well kept but... we were in the apartment, my husband and I, and the cleanliness was a little slipshod; there was no room service but wasn't really expecting it even though all the comparable properties we'd stayed at provided it. Lot's of ants of various species and yes, I know it's the jungle, but this property had by far the most of all the places we stayed in two weeks. There was someone else's food in the fridge - oops - the kitchen sink leaked horribly and there was no way to lock the safe. The ceiling fan over the bed did not work but there was a floor fan that kept us cool. Ask for extra pillows.
We ate at the restaurant a couple of times and were excited to be eating Thai as we consider ourselves Thai officionados - it's one of our favorites. Disappointing. The curry was served over way too much rice which made all the curry sauce disappear and it needed a ton of salt. The pad-thai also not so great. And finally, someone tried to break into our completely empty rental vehicle that was parked in the adjoining hotel owners or managers driveway.
All that said, for what we paid for the room and the location, it was a good deal but I don't know if we'd come back with all the other interesting looking properties in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Teresa and Mal Pais are rather remote beach towns, and that is what makes them so special! Thankfully, even though we are a little off the beaten path, there are still quite a few services available to visitors. This is a excellent area to relax practicing of Yoga and Surf.On the first floor, we have six private rooms, ideal for single travelers, couples or pairs of friends. The rooms have either a double bed or two single beds. We also have two larger private rooms on the first floor, each with beds for three people. Scroll down for photos and prices for our private rooms. Upstairs you will find the apartment plus three additional rooms with varying capacities, featuring exterior doors as well as interior doors connecting to the apartment. An abundance of shared bathrooms are also located on the first floor (there are many to choose from and they are always clean!).We also have two well-equipped communal kitchens, including our signature chef’s kitchen, complete with a professional quality stove, microwave, blenders, and a giant stainless steel refrigerator. We offer a amazing Yoga deck with every day class. Our helpful, bilingual staff is always ready to help plan other tours and activities in the area, including surf lessons, canopy tours, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), visits to nearby waterfalls, fishing, sailing, snorkeling, horseback riding, ATV rentals and more. We can also assist you with restaurant recommendations, reservations and travel planning, so your trip can be totally relaxing and worry-free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld and Hotwire so you can book your Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Zen Hotel Santa Teresa
- Casa Zen Guest House & Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa