Tripadvisor
Santa Teresa

“Sofia was the most gracious host.”

Banana Beach Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 118 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Description: Banana Beach Restaurant is conveniently located in the middle of Santa Teresa, Cosat Rica (about 1km north of the crossroads at the entrance of town), and is open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Enjoy Sunset Cocktails on the Beach. Right by the Banana Beach Surf Break. Seafood, Grill, and International Food. All kinds of drinks and cocktails. Great atmosphere! Live music nightly.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stopped here for lunch just for a quick snack, and after a quick salad we decided we couldn’t get enough and came back for dinner as well. The food is absolutely outstanding. I personally had The Catch of the Day (they catch their own fish and serve it fresh) and it melted in my mouth. The dinner is very affordable and the view of the sunset setting over the ocean is incomparable to anything I have seen to date in Costa Rica. Our waitress, Sofia was an absolute sweetheart. She made sure we had everything we needed and answered any questions we had. She is also stunning . I highly recommend Banana Beach.

A picture of the ocean view at night is attached.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (723)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Go here, the sunset is amazing and ask for Nico. Chili guaro is a must. They frequently have a bonfire on the beach and a DJ and it's the best spot to go watch the sunset.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is awesome! The sunset was epic, the ribs were perfect and very flavorful the music is perfect for the setting and most importantly the service was impeccable! Felipe and Franco were the best, customer service was on point!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nico was a great server, the music is always on point and I love the vibe at Banana Beach. Great happy hour and fantastic drinks, try Chili Guaro and the Coco Loco!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I went here on our 5th day in Costa Rica. We had already been to 10 different restaurants in both Jaco and Monteverde, and I can honestly sau this was the best restaurant we have visited to date. In one day we visited twice! I had the Spare ribs and they were to die for. They literally fell off the bones. Don't skip this place if you are in Santa Teresa!!