Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 6:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Believer

I’ve now been home from my week at Believe for several days and starting have some regret.. and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
michaelhO4505NW
Second timer!

I absolutely love believe and all the staff! Everyone here is so accommodating from setting up your... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
522lg

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Santa Teresa
from $1,005.13
from $15.39
from $41.03
More Info
All reviews funky monkey surf and yoga solo trip pura vida private room rooms are clean perfect place to stay new friends make you feel at home costa rica checking in group activities any questions or concerns making sure daily activities beyond expectations perfect week
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The absolutely perfect place to stay to surf, yoga, and enjoy all that Santa Teresa has to offer. Located just a few minutes walk from the beach - you have access to all the best of Santa Teresa...in a chill setting with a beautiful property and caring staff. Believe gives you the opportunity to do as much or as little as you want (super easy to join their excellent surf lessons, which I highly recommend). You're close to many amazing restaurants (and the supermarket, which is a huge plus for picking up random items / exchanging $$).

The vibe is friendly with really interesting people from all over the world (not a young hostel party vibe, but social) - I'm not the type to travel to meet new people, but you just feel perfectly welcome and relaxed at Believe - I can't truly explain it, but makes it feel like a second home.

I've been twice and plan to return - can't recommend it enough!

Date of experience: December 2019
martin_avola, Manager at Believe Surf and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Melissa for your kind words. Was lovely to have you here bringing good vibes! Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I just got back from a week at Believe and the place is simply fantastic! Great staff and visitors (from families to solo travelers) from all over, yummy breakfast, beautiful place and a good location (nice cafés and restaurants within walking distance). The surf instructors they work with are clearly the best I've come across so far! I also enjoyed the yoga classes. Would definitely go back again!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Happiness573812
martin_avola, Manager at Believe Surf and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

It was pleasure to have you here, hope to see you back soon!

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Beautiful place 1 m from the beach super clean with very comfortable facilities.
Staff are amazing and always ready to help and make your stay perfect!!!
All day fabulous yoga classes.
Excellent surf instructors!!
Definitely some place to come back .. alone with friends as couples or with kids!!!

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Climber827932

Thanks for review! Great to hear that you enjoyed your time here. When you start missing santa-waves and sunset, you know what to do! Hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed December 23, 2019

This place is paradise! I’m a 21yo woman and this was my first solo trip. I was a bit hesitant going into the experience but quickly realized how lovely the people in Costa Rica are, and most importantly, that Believe really makes sure you’re taken care of. They schedule daily activities and the environment is great for solo travelers or fun couples who are ready to meet people. I met some great friends on this trip and am already planning to go back in March! If I could move to Believe, I would :) the only downside (a very, very minimal one) is that I’ll have to pack my own blow dryer when I return because they don’t have them—I assumed they would and my hair goes crazy without one, so we’ll see if I manage to pack that in my carry-on the second time around lol! Just an FYI for any of you who might be as reliant on blow dryers as I am.

Date of experience: December 2019
3  Thank clwetherall

Hi Caroline and thanks for kind words! We are all already waiting for you coming back!!

Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

This review is long overdue. I spent 10 days at believe in October and had a great time there. Everything is well organized and I felt welcome even before I got there. Our surf instructor Gustavo was very patient and knowledgeable. I already miss it there and can’t wait to come back!

Date of experience: October 2019