“Book the trip!”

Believe Surf and Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: A DAY WITH US Wake up in the morning to catch the perfect, glassy waves.. Come back to find a healthy, nutritious breakfast waiting for you. Schedule your day around a yoga session to ease your body and mind into holiday mode but don't forget to take some sun at the pool. Meet you at the beach at sunset for a bonfire before retreating back to the lodge for dinner. WHAT WE OFFER: - Surf lessons with groups of no more than 3 people with fun, qualified instructors - Yoga lessons in the jungle deck to connect you with nature and yourself. - Freedom to do as you please but organised activities like group dinners, ATV adventures to nearby waterfalls, zip lining and horseback riding for when you feel like meeting new people and becoming part of an international family. - Best deals in accomodations and meals. - Assistance with your arrival or departure including flight reservations, shuttle bookings and airport pick up. Can't decide? Read our reviews for honest feedback from past guests.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

What a perfect week away! Thank you, Uky and the Believe family for creating such a special experience in Santa Teresa. I highly recommend Believe for all you solo travelers out there! I stayed at the Funky Monkey and immediately felt welcomed by the super friendly, mellow staff and the ebb and flow of other solo wanderers passing through with Believe. Oh and the food at Funky Monkey — by far the best in Santa Teresa...One can taste the love in that tuna tartar! With Believe, Uky has a real talent for opening up connections amongst travelers throughout your stay. The surf lessons and post surf yoga sessions are enough to make you feel super blissed out. But there is something else unique going on with Believe that you get to be a part of, thanks to Uky’s attention to your experience. He creates the perfect balance of planned activity and open possibilities, allowing you to tailor your experience based on your own flow. This must be why so many interesting people roll through Believe. I left feeling super grateful and blessed. I had daily epiphanies on my board, my mat, and across the table from the most lovely company I’ve held in some time. Thanks again, Uky and Believe for a beautiful week!

1  Thank Elizsarwar
"rent an atv"
"great restaurant"
"went smoothly"

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Honestly, the entire stay at Funky Monkey was hands down the most serene and uplifting experience I have had thus far. Let me tell you why...

The yoga classes absolutely nourished my body, mind, and soul. Each instructor I had was unique in their teachings and aware of the energy in the room. After each yoga class, I felt grounded and relaxed. See last picture below of yoga room.

Learning how to surf was so much fun and taught me a profound lesson about life that John one of the instructors helped me recognize. John is kind and patient and most importantly he has faith in your skills. It was an honor to learn from him. We surfed at Hermosa Beach. Beautiful beach and awesome waves!

The food was super delicious! The fried calamri sushi was my favorite, it had so much flavor and was made perfectly.

I stayed in a shared dorm room bungalow that was absolutely stunning and immaculate! Comfortable beds, very spacious, and hammock in the patio! The only thing that was disappointing was that there was no hot water. But when you’re in Costa Rica in August taking a cold shower is no big deal and surely refreshing. Your body will eventually acclimate to the cold water. See first two pictures below of the room.

If you plan to explore the other nearby areas, like Montezuma and Cablo Blanco, make sure to plan these trips in advance. Transportation can be a challenge, if you do things last minute (* cough cough* ME). Luckily, Uky and the rest of the Believe team are very helpful with transport.

Uky was wonderful! He was organized, extremely helpful, and super sweet. He was always a step ahead making sure we were having a comfortable and stress-free stay.

Also, I was a solo traveler. I felt safe to walk alone while I explored Santa Teresa and other areas. Perfect solo retreat

Pura Vida!

Thank you Believe! ❤️

1  Thank Pathfinder652177
Reviewed September 5, 2018

First class experience from everyone at Believe. They were super helpful as we were researching where to go in CR and when. As our trip approached they were in contact to make sure we were set and set up how we would talk once on the ground. When we arrived, Uky was at our hotel within minutes of us checking in and helped us acclimate to Santa Teresa, what our week looked like and highlights for eating and places to visit. Super responsive to every need, just like a 5-star concierge. Uky paired us with an awesome surf instructor and gave us a few options for our yoga sessions in town. He even coordinated a few events for everyone staying with believe to go as group to dinner or out on trip. Surf board rental was amazingly simple and Uky took care of all the details for pick up and drop off. Transportation was awesome to/from Tambor airport, to/from every surf spot and available at a moments notice to rent if we needed it. There weren't any details missed and it made the trip amazing. Highly recommend Believe for everyone going to Santa Teresa.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous trip to CR. Highly recommend Believe & our point man, Uky. One of the easiest and most relaxing trips I’ve ever taken. Uky handled everything perfectly. Truly never had to think just focused on having a great time.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This is the perfect trip combination of activity and relaxation! Surf lessons with great instructors, thanks Jhon for making me develop so much in surfing! So many different types of Yoga to choose from, with instructors that really made you relax while pushing yourself, thank Lupe! And the team working in Funky Monkey where I stay is absolutely awesome, great food, lodging and company to hang with. Last but anything byt least, thanks to Uky for always being one step ahead and making sure the trip was fantastic!! So for anyone considering going to Santa Teresa, Believe is for sure the company to choose! No doubt about it and you will be certain that your trip will be far above what you can expect!!!

1  Thank JohannaW35