Open today: 6:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect stay!

Believe was just perfect for my solo trip! Hosts were super accommodating and flexible with any... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Nicsparkles
via mobile
Perfect!

I can't recommend Believe enough. This was my first time traveling alone and I couldn't have picked... read more

Reviewed June 29, 2020
D4558BHlaurenk

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Santa Teresa
from $1,530.00
from $15.39
from $41.03
More Info
All reviews funky monkey surf and yoga solo trip pura vida private room new friends sushi night costa rica shared kitchen rooms are clean perfect place to stay group activities make you feel at home other guests interesting people making sure any questions or concerns
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Honestly, the entire stay at Funky Monkey was hands down the most serene and uplifting experience I have had thus far. Let me tell you why...

The yoga classes absolutely nourished my body, mind, and soul. Each instructor I had was unique in their teachings and aware of the energy in the room. After each yoga class, I felt grounded and relaxed. See last picture below of yoga room.

Learning how to surf was so much fun and taught me a profound lesson about life that John one of the instructors helped me recognize. John is kind and patient and most importantly he has faith in your skills. It was an honor to learn from him. We surfed at Hermosa Beach. Beautiful beach and awesome waves!

The food was super delicious! The fried calamri sushi was my favorite, it had so much flavor and was made perfectly.

I stayed in a shared dorm room bungalow that was absolutely stunning and immaculate! Comfortable beds, very spacious, and hammock in the patio! The only thing that was disappointing was that there was no hot water. But when you’re in Costa Rica in August taking a cold shower is no big deal and surely refreshing. Your body will eventually acclimate to the cold water. See first two pictures below of the room.

If you plan to explore the other nearby areas, like Montezuma and Cablo Blanco, make sure to plan these trips in advance. Transportation can be a challenge, if you do things last minute (* cough cough* ME). Luckily, Uky and the rest of the Believe team are very helpful with transport.

Uky was wonderful! He was organized, extremely helpful, and super sweet. He was always a step ahead making sure we were having a comfortable and stress-free stay.

Also, I was a solo traveler. I felt safe to walk alone while I explored Santa Teresa and other areas. Perfect solo retreat

Thank you Believe! ❤️

2  Thank Pathfinder652177
martin_avola, Owner at Believe Surf and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2020

Hola!

Thanks so much for your review, our clients feedback is very important to us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us, the surf, the yoga, the food and our lovely staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again at our lodge.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

First class experience from everyone at Believe. They were super helpful as we were researching where to go in CR and when. As our trip approached they were in contact to make sure we were set and set up how we would talk once on the ground. When we arrived, Uky was at our hotel within minutes of us checking in and helped us acclimate to Santa Teresa, what our week looked like and highlights for eating and places to visit. Super responsive to every need, just like a 5-star concierge. Uky paired us with an awesome surf instructor and gave us a few options for our yoga sessions in town. He even coordinated a few events for everyone staying with believe to go as group to dinner or out on trip. Surf board rental was amazingly simple and Uky took care of all the details for pick up and drop off. Transportation was awesome to/from Tambor airport, to/from every surf spot and available at a moments notice to rent if we needed it. There weren't any details missed and it made the trip amazing. Highly recommend Believe for everyone going to Santa Teresa.

Hello Scott,

Thanks so much for your review, our clients feedback is very important to us.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us, the surf, the yoga, the food and our lovely staff and that all details of your vacation went super smooth :)

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again at our lodge.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous trip to CR. Highly recommend Believe & our point man, Uky. One of the easiest and most relaxing trips I’ve ever taken. Uky handled everything perfectly. Truly never had to think just focused on having a great time.

Date of experience: August 2018
martin_avola, Owner at Believe Surf and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2020

Hello Mark,

Thanks so much for your review! We are happy to know you had a good time with us.

Hopefully we will be able to host you once again in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

This is the perfect trip combination of activity and relaxation! Surf lessons with great instructors, thanks Jhon for making me develop so much in surfing! So many different types of Yoga to choose from, with instructors that really made you relax while pushing yourself, thank Lupe! And the team working in Funky Monkey where I stay is absolutely awesome, great food, lodging and company to hang with. Last but anything byt least, thanks to Uky for always being one step ahead and making sure the trip was fantastic!! So for anyone considering going to Santa Teresa, Believe is for sure the company to choose! No doubt about it and you will be certain that your trip will be far above what you can expect!!!

1  Thank JohannaW35

Hello Johanna,

Thanks so much for your review. Our guests opinions and feedback is very important to us.

It was our pleasure to host you at our lodge and we are happy to know you enjoyed your vacation with us.

We really hope to have the pleasure of hosting you once again in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Awesome trip! Everybody was super nice and helpful! I was on my own and I met a lot great people, made new friends. Surf and yoga lessons were exactly what I needed!

Date of experience: May 2018