“Try the buns!!!”

Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The idea of "Katana" is simply to create the best experience and emotions by trying to touch hearts and souls of our customers. Daily routine is always in pursuit of excellence. "Katana" was inspired by many Asian cultures and trying to transform Asian food into our vision.
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Great place with friendly staff and the food was fab. We had the pork belly bun to share as a starter and oh my they are just so so tasty. The plantain fry’s that came with the bun were so clean and super tasty. I had the Pad Thai for my main and it was superb and as I could eat it all they even put it in a tin for me to take home. Do go if you in Santa Theresa even if you just try the buns!!

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Visited in Katana restaurant a few times during my stay in lovely Sanata Teresa, without no doubt the best place for dinner in town. The quality of the food, esspicialy the sushi, was Beyond my expectations. The service was great, every time i was welcomed with a big smile. Definitely a most visit!

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Wow!!!!
I am so happy that I can finally write positive review for Japanese restaurant in Costa Rica!
I love Japanese food and since I have moved down here two years ago, I have never had good sushi or Japanese food.

I have tried every sushi place in Santa Teresa and Katana is the best!
We went there two times during one week stay and every dish we had there was outstanding.

The service is also very nice, although the second night a little slow but the manager was on top of it, trying to make it as smooth as possible.

I think I will be coming more often to Santa Teresa just to visit Katana :)

Reviewed April 15, 2019

We had a great meal at this restaurant with our children (12 and 15) including pad thai noodles and green curry. My son had Sushi which he loves and will never miss!

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Freshly prepared food and good size portions. Our party of 4 had the bone marrow risotto, chicken kebabs, Pad Thai and green curry and all dishes were tasty. Prices were reasonable although the wine was a little pricey. Service was good. Nice outdoor dining ambience. Popular place and even on a Monday evening it was almost full.