TripAdvisor

Ranked #15 of 122 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The idea of "Katana" is simply to create the best experience and emotions by trying to touch hearts and souls of our customers. Daily routine is always in pursuit of excellence. "Katana" was inspired by many Asian cultures and trying to transform Asian food into our vision.
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

After spending almost a week in Costa Rica, this was my favorite meals! There is a wide variety of dishes to choose from, with an extensive sushi menu and other Asian cuisine. The vegan spring rolls are so great, although a bit hard to eat without them falling apart. Also, the veggie sushi roll is one of the best I’ve ever had! I savored every bite. The rest of my family also loved their meals too! Our favorite part was the delicious lemon meringue dessert though. So unique and one of the best desserts I’ve ever had! Absolutely delicious. My only complaint is that there were not very many options for vegetarians, however the few they did have were absolutely delicious!

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (657)

Reviewed June 20, 2018

THIS PLACE IS AMAZING !! highly recommended! We ate there almost every night of our trip, each time we ordered different dishes and everything was finger licking good!! super fresh and delicious you MUST go! I am normally a sushi snob but this place exceeded all expectations. Really great pricing, the staff is super super friendly, and the overall atmosphere was very positive. I wish this place would open in Miami near my house so I can go there every night :D! The Wasabi Roll is literally one of the best rolls I have ever had! Do not go to Santa Teresa without visiting Katana at least once!

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

Not many vegetarian options. We ordered all vegetarian starters (3) and shared the vego 8 sushi. The sushi was OK but the rest was tasteless. The starters was way to big. The atmosphere in the resturant is nice, but it's not worth that amount of money. Very overpriced resturant.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Went with wife while on vacation in Santa Teresa. Everything we ate was solid but their special of steamed bun with fried chicken was one of the better things I've eaten in a long time!! Very friendly service, great selection of items and all a little different with some imaginative flair like the spring roll served sushi style cut into rounds.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

a great atmosphire at this excellent Asian resturant hidden in the best town in Costa Rice....finally great food

Date of visit: December 2017