Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$132
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$117
$102
$184
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$145
$131
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$99
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$84
$74
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewstea housetagineshakshukaprivate poolcosta ricahealthy foodbedroom villaevery morningpiece of paradisei highly recommend this hotelbeautiful placesurf lessonsgracious hostsnatural beautytree housethe main roadhorseback riding
Reviewed June 17, 2018

This is an easy review to write because I can only say glowing things about Horizon. Where to start? From the first shell-lined step, through a curated burst of wild colors set in a lush green tropical backdrop (with 15 shades of green), your jaw will drop. The little Buddha-like statues reminded me of Bali; the jasmine transported me back to Hawaii,..and those are just the stairs! I seriously spent many minutes watching butterflies and hummingbirds.

The room: Gali and Yoav came here 16 years ago with a vision. I stayed in the ocean view studio and feel that every detail was tended to. The cabin was largely comprised of windows so I was literally surrounded by jungle (with A/C) and a view of the sea, even in the shower! I highly recommend booking your daytrips through Horizon as you will get the extra layer of professionalism. Juan leads wonderful tours and birdwatching in Cabo Blanco.

I spent hours chatting with Gali, who could not have been more welcoming. She and her husband are positive, spiritual people.

Santa Teresa is a bit harder to reach than some other places in Costa Rica and there is no real town "center" - more like a road that runs through it. Favorite restaurants include the Bakery, Katana (US prices), and Banana Bar. Local eateries like Carmen and the taco stand are cheaper. Horizon had the best breakfast and coffee of my trip.

Stay here.

*Check the yoga schedule in lower seasons. Less classes.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you so much for the warm words beautiful girl!

True yogi - in and outside the shala! Keep on seeing the beauty!

Biglove from us all, here on Horizon Hill!

Yoav & The Crew.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Horizon in February last year and enjoyed it so much that we brought our family (with 3 20 yr olds). We rented two bungalows and enjoyed our stay. Our 'kids' had such a good time too.
Ww especially love the breakfast at Horizon, tge friendly proprietors Gali and Yoav as well as the yoga classes. We took surfing lessons with Nalu. Gali set us up with a Birding Tour with Juan-an expert birder. He took us to hidden rivers where we saw a huge variety of birds.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Hey Libby & Dan!

So much fun to have you and "the kidos" with us!

Makes my heart sing knowing you had a great time again!

Keep on exploring life, friends!

Love,

Yoav & The Family.

Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my 4 days at Horizon immensely. Gali and her husband were truly gracious hosts in every respect.

Horizon is sumptuous. The cabin was perfect with an incredible view, both yoga classes I attended were delivered with thought and expertise and the views from my accommodation and the restaurant were fabulous.

I’ve travelled over 50 countries now and experienced many hotels; this was one of the best. I don’t usually consider returning somewhere, but this time, I many just do that.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Hey beautiful girl!

Thank you so much!

So so happy to hear you might consider to return to us one day. The red carpet awaits!

Biglove!

Yoav, Gali & The Crew.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Horizon is one of if not THE best places I have stayed in the entire world (and I have travelled a lot)! If you are in Costa Rica and especially if near Tambor airport or in Santa Teresa you have to stay at Horizon - I promise you will thank me later!! Gali and Yoav are absolutely magnificent hosts and people and cultivate an experience as if you are the most cared for, worthy and special people on earth. They have created a paradise to just reconnect with yourself and rejuvenate the mind, body and soul (their slogan is “Horizon: A place to...Be” and it is exactly as advertised)! The resort is rustic, incredibly beautiful, and the rooms are stocked with everything you can imagine (pots, pans, teas, sugar, silverware, bowls, mugs, soaps, shampoo, an incredible deck with table (and even blinds to have privacy on the deck), hammock and view, even towels shaped folded like Oragami each morning on the bed). The resort is nestled on a peaceful hillside overlooking the jungle, ocean and the town below, has a gorgeous pool with a panoramic view of horizon, lounge chairs, incredible and diverse plant life and flowers everywhere, beautiful art and Buddha sculptures, the most delectable and healthy organic Mediterranean breakfast, juices and smoothies and a great selection of books and games. Breakfast and lunch at tea house is bliss and Yoav, Gali are always around and checking in on you, ready with suggestions if asked, and always smiling, interested/interesting and making you feel like you are the only one at the resort! Magdalena who works in the tea house as a waitress/server/hospitality extraordinaire, is spunky, proactive, funny and so thoughtful and sweet, and we became good friends with her quickly and she made our mornings and afternoons eating at the tea house that much more joyful and relaxing! One of the highlights of the resort is the open air Yoga center which is the highest point on the resort. It is a breathtakingly gorgeous space and Yoav leads an amazing Yoga class that rejuvenated and brought me (and my gf and many others) to a spiritual and zenned out space. When I had a toothache Yoav gave me a fresh lime from his garden, which made my pain go away (who knew), and upon leaving Gali packed my girlfriend and I tahini cookies on the house as a parting gift. We will miss Gali, Yoav and Magdalena (and our experience at Horizon) dearly and will send anyone who comes to Costa Rica to Horizon without hesitation! Hi

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron N
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear beautiful friends!
Your words warm our hearts! It 's our energy fountain!
We had the great privilege to win your visit! You are both so easy to connect and open! Thank you for being present with us!
Thank you for letting the light shine through your eyes and smiles!
Until we meet again . . .
Feel the love!
Yoav & The Whole Horizon Family.

Reviewed May 5, 2018

This place change my life. I start to practice yoga, I change my diet, I love to visit there. So calm, So peaceful. The view of the ocean just let you to relax. A well needed vacation. I love the Horizon, My second home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
horizonCostaRica, Owner at Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

So happy you found Horizon as a crossroads in your life, and from there started flowing in the path of self healing and awareness . . . .

Sending Biglove!