“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
USA
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

I stayed at Horizon for 5 days at the end of December 2009, and absolutely loved it there! Beautiful, clean rooms. Amazing view. Nice, friendly staff. But most importantly, the owners - Gali and Yoaf are such kind, positive people! They really make you feel like home! I didn't try any food there, but all drinks (including herbal ice tea) were absolutely delicious. And Yoaf's home-made cookies are the must! I went to other places in Costa Rica, but this hotel was by far the best one! I definitely would like to return there again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Katyfro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
peoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 days and enjoyed the stay, We wished we would have stayed longer. This place is a Gem, The rooms are clean comfortable with great decor. We loved the brakefast. The ocean views from the villa's are amazing. If you are driving its best to take a 4x4, we drove a car and its one tough ride. Only issue we had was we reached this place pretty late and the reception is closed and the guard on duty doesn't speak english, we had to wake up the owners in order for the guard to give us the keys to our room. I won't suggest driving from Paquera to San Teresa after 6pm as it is pitch dark and hard to see the road due to low traffic. If you plan on going late let owners about your arraival time. Yova and Gali are excellent hosts, we enjoyed taking to them.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suman_goli
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My husband and I went to the Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Centre from December 5-20, 2009 and we totally LOVED it. Although it took a little while to get there, it was so worth it... we discovered a secluded paradise ! Our villa was beautiful, fully equipped, clean, with a balcony facing the ocean...and even the bed sheets smelled amazing !

We started our days with a fantastic Yoga class given by a highly qualified Yoga instructor, on the Yoga deck overlooking the ocean, followed by a delicious fruit smoothie. There is no better way to start the day !

We also had lunch at the Tea House almost everyday, where we enjoyed
delicious vegetarian meals, beautifully presented, full of colors and
flavors, made with fresh ingredients. We tried everything on the menu and it was all so excellent !

We spent the rest of the day at the beach (only 5 minutes away walking) and in the 'pool of tranquility' at the hotel. Yoav and Gali, the owners, were so nice and kind and made us feel right at home. They were always there to answer our questions, chat and help us book day trips.

Everything in this place is welcoming and relaxing: the decor, the nature, the
music, the people...and the most beautiful sunset you will ever see !!! It is
truly a great place to relax and recharge your battery with positive energy! We will be
back for sure. Thank you Gali and Yoav !

Amélie & Arnold Vega
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amelou9
tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

My husband and me travelled Costa for 1 mounth , cost to cost.

Though we wanted to be in many places , we fall in Love with
Horizon and stayed there for 2 amazing weeks.

We felt there so good we didn't want to leave.

Today , 2 years after , Horizon is our minds and we planning on coming back with
our little baby for 2 mounth.

I recomend you all to go visit this Super Unique place !!!

Yael Argman.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

i have been in horizon twice one time with my san 5 years old.really beautiful place with an amazing ocean view and a lovely garden.the rooms are spoiling and clean and has a nice balcony watching the ocean with hammock perfect for siesta.
the tea house plays a nice chill out music and serv excellent organic food and shakes (especially the power shake).
from the yoga deck at the top of the hotel you can see a waves lines reching the shore and can measure the surf.a very professional yoga teachers and inspiring classes.
a peaceful place with a pure vibe to enrich your body,mind and spirit.
the owners are friendly and run the olace with a grate personal touch.
definitely i will come again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank yorTelAviv
Mothership
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

If I could, I'd head out to Horizon any day of the week. The cabins are comfortable. The bathrooms are clean and spacious. The air conditioning and in house kitchenet were great to have. When I wasn'r eating at the on-site organic restaurant I did some shopping at the local market and cooked for myself. The views of the ocean all around made me feel like I owned the world .
To top it all off, every morning I headed to the yoga hall where the owners give classes. I'm not a great expert but they were very patient and instructive. Once again, the ocean views from the hall windows are wicked.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank dsdrops
Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

All my life I will remember this place. this is where I offered my wife to marry me. everything around us was supporting this special moment and those strong feelings we had: The nice and calm atmosphere, the lovable owners, the powerful Yoga lessons and of course the ocean view. we stayed there for 2 amazing unforgettable weeks and we will definitely return back to this magical place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple