“Absolutely delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Absolutely delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Rarely I write any reviews. But this place deserve it. Everything the best reviews say is true, but it's even better than that. The personalized service, the food, the yoga, everything is done with so much care and love that you have no option but to let it all go and simply enjoy. I've been around, four continents, twenty countries, and all I have to say is that the world still needs places like this, and I am so happy I found it. We will be back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank achaverri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Where do I even begin?

This was my fourth time to Horizon and this year we had the privilege of staying at their two bedroom ocean view villa with friends. It was out of a dream.

We were welcomed with chocolates and all organic soaps and shampoos with little elements of nature to add the Horizon touch. Our room was perfectly cleaned daily, so much so that I would ask why/how they wanted to deeply clean our room so much. They even change the top heavier blanket of the beds which is so reassuring and makes you feel clean and comfortable. The kitchen is perfectly equipped for Costa Rican meals and has all the necessary cooking utensils. They even provide a large glass bottle of water for the villa which we refilled many times with their potable, clean drinking water.

The cleanliness, welcoming, natural paradise you enter is only the beginning. Yoav and Gali, Rapso, Jose, and staff are all encompassing, friendly, and provide anything you might need. Jose even removed a large intimidating spider within minutes from our balcony! They seem like they always know when you need help to carry luggage or anything!

You feel like family and theres no review I could write to explain that. The tea house is the perfect spot for breakfasts or lunch. With a full view of the Horizon and all natural foods from their garden, every meal is perfection.

In addition, Yoav and Gali are by far the most well connected spiritual souls so when they teach yoga you are in for an outer body meditative journey.

I can't say enough positivity about this establishment. All I can say is that if you visit them you surely will have a life changing experience. You will leave restored and with a new light for life. I can't imagine many hotels and vacations are able to provide that.

Thanks for changing my life!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Samgagnon55
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 14 (including 6 teenage boys) arrived at Horizon last Monday. Yoav and Gali could not have been more warm or welcoming. The accommodations are perfect and the food is incredible. We originally were just going to have lunch at Horizon every day. Somehow everyone seems to also show up for breakfast too. Gali knows how to keep the boys full. The staff is just as lovely. Between yoga and massages for the adults, surfing in a perfect spot, along with horseback riding etc....it has been a great family vacation. Sadly, it is ending to soon. I originally came to Horizon by myself. I always felt safe and had the exact same experience. Yoav and Gali have created a very special place. Thank you Yoav and Gali for everything this week!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura Z
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I hadn't been to Santa Theresa since 2008 and I was a little nervous about taking my wife with me since she doesn't surf but this place was perfect. The rooms are beautiful with gorogeous views, air conditioning, and even a hammock on the balcony. The place is extermely well run down to the smallest details (our room was always cleaned when we returned from breakfast every morning- we never even saw the housekeeping staff.) The yoga studio is one of the nicest i've ever seen and the smoothies at the restaurant are delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend renting ATVs to explore the area (we didn't have a car and didn't need one.) Overall, I think this is my favorite place for a surf trip and I can't wait to get back for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I can't say enough great things about our experience at Horizon.....Gali and Yoav were absolutely amazing, kind, helpful and went above and beyond at every turn. The rooms were immaculate, the view was breathtaking, the location perfect, we could walk everywhere. The staff were very nice and always around to help out when needed. The yoga classes were diverse and fantastic with a yoga tree house that rested on top of the world with a view that would rival anything in Costa Rica. We will go back without a doubt and I would recommend Horizon to all of my friends!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jen J
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Hola! Santa Teresa is beautiful & horizon yoga hotel is nothing short of perfection. We stayed in the ocean view cabin #1 and thought it was perfect. The owners Yoav and Gali are also very kind and helpful. As soon as you arrive, you acknowledge their warmth and genuine desire to make sure you are getting the stay you would like. The staff was also very helpful , and yoga was outstanding. The view from the yoga deck was by far my favorite place I've practiced yet. Just imagine Meditation with ocean sounds , birds chirping, and random howler monkeys calling...what's not to love!?! We ate breakfast twice at the tea room and both times impressed with the quality and detail of the food. I can't wait to go back :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great little tree house apartment with pool. We loved out apartment which consisted of a kitchen with all modern amenities 2 bathrooms a bedroom and 2 balconies all for $130! The staff were so nice and helpful especially when our car got stuck after some rain! Great relaxed atmosphere would recommend it to anyone wanted a relaxed clean place to stay in santa Teresa however it is up a bit of a hill so be prepared!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple