Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$109
$82
$900
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Hotels.com
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$86
$68
$105
$85
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
$221
Travelocity
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$137
Beach Break Surf Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$40
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$400
All reviewstea housetagineprivate poolshakshukacosta ricaorganic foodbedroom villasteep hillevery morningi highly recommend this hotelpiece of paradisesurf lessonsbeautiful placetree housesmall kitchennatural beautygracious hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at Horizons for four seasons now. It is by far my favorite place to stay in Santa Theresa/Mal Pais. The cabanas are private all equipped with bed hammocks, regular hammocks, private pools, and amazing views/wildlife. There is security in evening hours which is also great. This place has my favorite yoga I've ever been to with the best breakfast to start your day. Yoav and Gali who run Horizon also teach yoga and I would highly recommend taking a class with either of them, you feel their peace and inner positive energies with every class. We always have breakfast at the tea house, every day were here! It's the best in the country! Yoav pre marinates his vegetables and ensures each meal is cooked with beauty and pure health. My favorites are the shakshuka, antipasti is out of this world and the regular breakfast is also a nice assortment of amazing! The smoothies are also to die for and the staff is attentive and appropriate. This is the ultimate oasis. Bravo to them for creating such a paradise!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Samgagnon55
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We booked a week yoga and surf retreat for 6 nights, for 2 people. Reading through the reviews gives you a sense of how peaceful, wonderfully located, and what an incredible relaxing, magical environment is created by Yoav and Gali. We spent 4 nights before Horizon at Nayara in Arenal de la Fortuna area -a top resort rated by T&L in Worlds Best Awards and were completely thrilled and delighted with Horizon.. The grounds are beautiful, our cabin was a fun open welcoming modern space with gorgeous views and even a hammock outside which we utilized frequently, as well as the outdoor shower. We got up most mornings, had coffee provided in the room, walked 2 minutes to the beach and ran. Then we came back, cooled off while overlooking the ocean and headed to the main building which houses the delicious little restaurant and reception area, with the yoga platform above it. We had power shakes and coffee each morning before the AMAZING yoga classes. We loved Gali and Yoav's classes equally. I came away with a new appreciation for my body, other people and feeling more in tune and open in years. Then a delicious brunch afterwards overlooking the jungle and ocean, followed by rest time back at the yummy cabin. Ben took us out each afternoon for surf lessons. We often shopped in the little town for small things like wine and surf shorts then siesta time followed by a different delectable dining experience each night. Yoav and Gali set up the dinners each night at different place and told us where to go in our itinerary. There wasnt one dinner we didnt like. Transportation to and from the Tambor aiport was easy with a 45-60 minute trip over rough dirt roads, but really fun! We didnt need any transport b/c everything is so close in town and Ben transported us to different surf spots. PS Ben the surf instructor is, well, just as incredible as Yoav and Gali. We truly enjoyed everything from the yoga, to the surfing, food, shakes, cooking skills of Yoav, organization, cleanliness, and gorgeous grounds. Oh.... i almost forgot the massages. We got 2 each and wish we had time for more. Ask Yoav and Gali to set you up with their amazing recommendations for massage which is in an open air room next to the tiny but refreshing dipping pool. We WILL Be back. Only one thing to note-we didnt realize that payment is in cash or face a hefty credit card fee. Know what your bill is and bring the total in cash! Also the great restaurant at the top of the hill from the hotel is busy weekend nights so make a reservation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Veda P
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Gali and Yoav have created an oasis of perfection at the Horizon.

The cabin in which I stayed was impeccably clean & perfectly-designed and appointed. Everything I wanted or needed to feel comfortable and at ease was there, perfectly-placed. In my cabin, such details included cathedral ceilings, a patio with an ocean view, a patio table for al fresco dining with the ocean view, and a pristine hammock on which to lounge and absorb the view. Smaller details impressed, too, such as the placement of "little things" like kitchenware, how the hammock is hung on the patio, blinds to unfurl on the patio for added privacy and sun-protection. In the cabin was a comprehensive informational booklet with guidance on everything, including local fare; there was also a kitchenette for cooking.

The ocean is a brief walk from the hotel - about seven minutes. One morning I went down there for a beachside run and encountered four horses (no riders), apparently similarly inspired to take in the morning air and ocean. While I can't attribute this to Gali and Yoav, it made sense. You'll see.

Gali and Yoav are consummate professionals in every task they undertake, from the design of the Horizon to the quality of their yoga classes, the food, the grounds - everything. Most importantly, they are good people. If quality matters to you, Horizon is the place to stay in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank lepamplemousse
Reviewed June 19, 2013

So many positive things to say about Horizon that I don't know where to start.

Location: Perfect location... It is located in the middle of the village. Easy access to everything. Its located up a steep hill away from the main road. The resort elevation is at the perfect height to see the tree lines and the ocean. What was amazing is that one can hear the waves all the way up the hill... Truly amazing...

Resort: What amazed me the most about Horizon was all the details in the landscaping, cabins and restaurant/yoga deck. The whole place comes together in perfect harmony... Stunning landscaping... We even had a humming bird flying outside our cabin feeding on the flowers. The rooms were simple, clean and have everything we needed except paper towels.. The rooms are much nicer than they are in the photos. The hammock outside was awesome... I loved the fact that I could drink my coffee, which the resort provided in our room, just lay on the hammock and watch the amazing view.

Restaurant/Yoga Room/Massage/Pool: The yoga deck is above the restaurant. It has incredible views. The yoga instructors were great, very knowledgeable and played perfect music that flows with the yoga. The little café was below the yoga deck. Very open and all the tables had great views The most delicious shakes and fresh baked cookies. Everything tasted fresh and delicious. The massage room was kind of cool. Great view... I had one massage and the therapist was very professional. The pool was nice but the water was a little bit cold. I am sure it is a bit warmer during the warmer months.

Staff: I really appreciated that Yoav and Gali (owners) went out of their way for us several times, even when we need them after hours. They gave us recommendations to all the great restaurants and general information. The resort had security at night which made it feel very safe. All the help on the grounds were polite and helpful.

Yoav and Gali,
Thank you very much for your hospitality. It was well appreciated. We loved everything that Horizon had to offer. We are going to try to make it back soon with some friends and stay in one of the villas. Thank you again for everything...

Ron and Yolanda

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron G
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I highly recommend this spot. It was a beautiful location, very helpful staff and a wonderful restaurant. The staff was also very helpful at helping us choose restaurants and services nearby. I would love to go back there again and again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple