We booked a week yoga and surf retreat for 6 nights, for 2 people. Reading through the reviews gives you a sense of how peaceful, wonderfully located, and what an incredible relaxing, magical environment is created by Yoav and Gali. We spent 4 nights before Horizon at Nayara in Arenal de la Fortuna area -a top resort rated by T&L in Worlds Best Awards and were completely thrilled and delighted with Horizon.. The grounds are beautiful, our cabin was a fun open welcoming modern space with gorgeous views and even a hammock outside which we utilized frequently, as well as the outdoor shower. We got up most mornings, had coffee provided in the room, walked 2 minutes to the beach and ran. Then we came back, cooled off while overlooking the ocean and headed to the main building which houses the delicious little restaurant and reception area, with the yoga platform above it. We had power shakes and coffee each morning before the AMAZING yoga classes. We loved Gali and Yoav's classes equally. I came away with a new appreciation for my body, other people and feeling more in tune and open in years. Then a delicious brunch afterwards overlooking the jungle and ocean, followed by rest time back at the yummy cabin. Ben took us out each afternoon for surf lessons. We often shopped in the little town for small things like wine and surf shorts then siesta time followed by a different delectable dining experience each night. Yoav and Gali set up the dinners each night at different place and told us where to go in our itinerary. There wasnt one dinner we didnt like. Transportation to and from the Tambor aiport was easy with a 45-60 minute trip over rough dirt roads, but really fun! We didnt need any transport b/c everything is so close in town and Ben transported us to different surf spots. PS Ben the surf instructor is, well, just as incredible as Yoav and Gali. We truly enjoyed everything from the yoga, to the surfing, food, shakes, cooking skills of Yoav, organization, cleanliness, and gorgeous grounds. Oh.... i almost forgot the massages. We got 2 each and wish we had time for more. Ask Yoav and Gali to set you up with their amazing recommendations for massage which is in an open air room next to the tiny but refreshing dipping pool. We WILL Be back. Only one thing to note-we didnt realize that payment is in cash or face a hefty credit card fee. Know what your bill is and bring the total in cash! Also the great restaurant at the top of the hill from the hotel is busy weekend nights so make a reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa