Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Lucero Surf Retreats(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel Buenos Aires(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Casas de Soleil(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Hotel The Place(Mal Pais)
View Hotel
All reviewstea housetagineprivate poolshakshukacosta ricaorganic foodbody and soulbedroom villasteep hillevery morningsurf lessonspiece of paradisei highly recommend this hotelbeautiful placetree housegracious hostssmall kitchen
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent a week at Horizon with a group from Colorado. It was my second visit and I am already planning my next trip. Gali and Yoav, the owners of Horizon, are amazing hosts and cooks. The food is beyond wonderful. I wish I could take Gali and Yoav home with me! It was hard to leave the serenity of the hotel but we managed to surf, paddleboard, zip line and horseback ride. It's worth leaving the hotel....take a surf lesson with Ben from Nalu and go paddle boarding with Andy from Freedom Riding. If you get a chance, take a yoga class with Yoav. You won't regret it. The cabins are all beautiful, clean and spacious. Love the air conditioning and having a small kitchen (although I didn't use the kitchen as much as I expected!) was perfect. If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins. Walk up the hill to Brisas del Mar for sunset and dinner. Amazing food and view over the ocean. The portions are huge!

Can't wait to return next year!

Room Tip: If you want to look at the Pacific from your deck, I highly recommend the 1 bedroom cabins.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank apallut
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our stay at the Horizon left me speechless. The owners and staff were over the top in every aspect of our stay. We stayed in the 2 BR Villa and I was pleasantly surprised at the privacy it offered. We felt we owned that piece of paradise for 3 days. We had breakfast at the Tea House the first morning and I have never experienced such outstanding food and such a beautiful setting. Although we did not participate in any of the yoga classes, we will do that next time we stay, my girlfriend did get a massage. She was very pleased, she said it was the best she had ever experienced. I have never experienced a place that offered so much for the money, an outstanding value. The Horizon gets my highest recommendation!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank teboy60
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Once again, my vacation staying at Horizon was fantastic. Yoav and Gali (the owners) have created the most beautiful, serene place to relax, sleep and enjoy the beauty of the area. The service is impeccable. The villas are clean, upscale and provide the privacy and comfort that you'd expect from any 5-star hotel. The little 'touches' done on a daily basis show that this hotel cares about your experience. The Tea House fare is incredible and I always feel so healthy and happy after my muesli, orange juice and espresso. I will be back in August and then again in November and for many years to come. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheBard65
Reviewed April 16, 2013

You might be able to find a nicer yoga spot in Santa Teresa, but from the deck, high up the hill, overlooking the ocean, and feeling the mountain breezes, it would be hard to be convinced. Horizon offers different choices of drop-in yoga classes. I attended both a Hatha and Vinyasa class on two consecutive mornings. Both instructors were good at giving alternatives to poses that would challenge different levels of yoga participants. My daughter could stretch her abilities, while I could feel appropriately challenged. Horizon also offers other services, including massage. From my limited experience, I can't imagine not being happy with anything offered here by these wonderful people. Namaste.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary Frances L
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Horizon Ocean is a hidden gem. From the warm welcome your receive from Gali, Yovaz and the staff, to the beautiful ocean view from your cabana. There's also the amazing fresh food served in the tea house, the power shakes are AMAZING!!

Beautiful sunsets from the terrace during your yoga practice, make this place very magical.

If you like a mix of adventure, yoga, great food, surf and lying in your hammock listening to the waves of the ocean, then this is the place for you.

Everything is exceptional clean and the bed is comfy too!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo