My BFF and I spent 3 days at the Horizon at the end of February to celebrate our 50th birthday and had an outstanding experience. The hotel itself is built into a mountain (not optimal for those easily fatigued) and is breathtakingly beautiful. Of course the highlight is the yoga space at the top of the property that looks out to the Pacific. It's like practicing in a dream. We took two classes and, though the classes are for those of all levels, experienced yoga practitioners will not be disappointed. We watched the sunset every evening, went horseback riding on the beach, got Thai massages on property and spent hours walking the beach. It was just what we wanted and needed. With the beach across the (very dusty - this is a big deal in dry season) road, it's so easy to go back and forth. The couple who own and operate it, Yaev and Gali, are warm, lovely people. They were also extremely helpful. Take their recommendations for everything - where to eat, what to do, how to do it, and you cannot go wrong. Our particular villa wasn't the best becaus it was at the bottom of the property so we missed the ocean view and breeze. There was also quite a bit of noise from the restaurant next door. Nonetheless, my only real complaint is that I wish we could have stayed longer. Five days would have been perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa