This was the first of two stops for us on our first visit to Costa Rica, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to call home for 3 days.
Service-Fantastic. We were want for nothing. They set up our cab to and from the airport, our stand-up paddleboarding excursion (with transportation), and our ATV rental. No question went unanswered.
Accomodations-Slightly rustic, but extremely clean and comfortable. Great views. Fairly quiet, although not sound-proof, by any means. But we were never disturbed.
Location-Central to everything in Santa Teresa. You are up a steep hill, and the property has many stairs, so be forewarned.
Food-Great. The fruit juices are worth the trip alone. We only sampled the breakfasts, and they were really well done. Go with the wheat bagel. Their teas are made from herbs grown on the property, and are perfect.
Negatives-This would be nitpicking, really. We stayed in Cabin 1, and the WiFi was spotty. But if that's the only complaint, you're doing okay. I mentioned the steep hill, and you're a 5-10 minute walk to the beach, but like I said, if you know that going in, you should have nothing to worry about.
(Also be forewarned-like most places we went, you don't flush your toilet paper. It's really not a big deal, and is never noticable here.)
Overall, a fantastic place to stay, especially for the rates they charge. You'd have a hard time doing better in Santa Teresa, or anywhere else in Nicoya Peninsula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Horizon ocean view hotel and yoga center. Our cabins and villas are fully equipped luxury units. Located on a hill side just above the center of town, only 5 minutes walk from the white sands of the amazing Santa Teresa beach, with its famous surfing points. We have three different pools dipping in wild tropical gardens, tea house & fresh vegetarian kitchen. The panoramic ocean view yoga deck is located at the highest point of the hotel. We parctice yoga daily as well as Pilates, and offer various types of massage treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horizon Ocean View Hotel and Yoga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Santa Teresa
- Horizon Ocean View Hotel And Yoga Center Costa Rica/Santa Teresa