All reviewsopen airhowler monkeysoutdoor bathroomour honeymoonno glass in the windowstiger heroncosta ricamain buildingresort groundsbamboo strawsfavorite memoriesfree bicyclesmosquito netcevichespent days nightslaid backcomfort zone
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at latitude 10 for a week and loved every minute of it! It’s right on the beach and at the edge of the rain forest so you are surrounded by nature. My idea of heaven! The food was delicious and the staff are friendly and helpful. With only 6 rooms it feels like someone’s home not a hotel. Because the rooms are so open be prepared for visitors during the night. Raccoons are very eager to check out your bags for snacks! Totally harmless but came as a bit of a shock at first... we will definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone who loves a rustic but chic slice of heaven.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I use to travel a lot because of my job. Even I often go to many nice places, sometimes I just need to disconnect, even from nice places and trips. I decided to take a 3 days break with my wife and baby and choose Latitud10 at beautiful Santa Teresa. It was exactly what I needed, the hotel is like been in paradise, but beyond the place, the service is unique and you feel like home during your whole stay. Thank you very much to Ricardo, Laura and all the team!

Room Tip: beach front
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

There are places where ocean is fighting the land.
In Latitude 10, ocean dances with the land and the forest.
But the forest is gentle and the ocean invites you.
I loved the room, this sense of openness during the day and the attention of the staff where candles are lighted at dawn and curtains are close to invite you for leisure in the bed.
You hardly see the staff, you hardly see anybody but you feel safe, relaxed and pleased. The staff is there and its kindness make you forget how destroyed is the road to reach your paradise. But what would you expect? Paradise is hard to obtain.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I cannot say enough great things about Latitude 10... and I am picky! Our family stayed there for 3 days and we wish we had stayed there for our entire trip to Costa Rica. Everything was perfect. When I booked our room I said to my husband that I hope the rooms are as nice as the pictures... but they were better! We were so happy relaxing in our open air casita, on the porch (right on the water) so much that we never wanted to leave to do other fun things like atv's, etc.!

This place is like you see in pictures of tropical paradise vacations, with deserted, beautiful white sand beaches and a hammock... (but usually when you get there, there are a zillion people at the pool and on the beach and it's nothing like the advertisement), not the case with Latitude 10. This place actually IS that place shown in those picturesque photos! There are only 5 private casitas so it's never crowded like a bigger hotel and is literally on the beach.

The casita was very private, we could sit out on our deck and play cards at the little table or hang in the hammock, or just sit and have a drink in the chairs. The room is gorgeous. Loved the open air environment. I even saw monkeys overhead while showering in the outdoors shower!

I ordered a massage which was wonderful and the staff ordered our atv's to be delivered to the hotel. The staff made everything so easy and wonderful.

The staff is unparalleled. They treat you like royalty and so kind.

The food is delicious.

I thought I had crossed Costa Rica off my bucket list but now I want to go back thanks to our lovely stay at this magical place!

Honestly, I scanned through 35 pages of reviews in order to find the 2 people who gave 2 star reviews... mainly out of curiosity, because I couldnt figure out, for the life of me, what anyone could possibly say about Latitude 10 that wasn't positive.

Room Tip: We had the master suite - amazing. I think any of the casitas are equally nice as the hotel is solely comprised of 5 private casitas.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Had five nights here. We arrived during a power cut on a cloudy day after a long journey.
Staff were all very friendly and welcoming.
Pool area and our room were always spotlessly clean.
The beach was lovely too. We enjoyed our stay.
The food was excellent. The meals as good as some we have had with a top London chef. The menu just needed to be more varied.If you wanted meat it was a choice of chicken or steak.Breakfast too had the same menu every day.
We did expect to be able to wander along the beach for lunch but unfortunately as it was a quiet time of year it was a good 40 mins walk and you had to leave the beach and walk the last bit on the road. I must stress this is not a fault of the hotel.
There are plenty of rockpools to explore at low tide but if you want to swim in the sea you have to walk along the beach.
The hotel is very eco friendly providing water in nice flasks, good toiletries and at dusk they come and replenish your water and light nightlights and sort out the mosquito net over your bed.
There is a safe and a fridge. In view of the frequent powercuts a torch would have been a good idea.
You must expect to be woken uo by the howler monkeys and get used to iguanas in the shower and tiger herons beside the pool. This we enjoyed.
Coffee and tea is supposed to be available from 6. 30 am but it wasn't often ready then. Sometimes animals pooed on the path to our room during the day, possibly raccoon sized they remained there for over 24 hours on more than one occassion.
There is a spa but we didn't use it. There are some books to exchange and board games.Only 6 rooms so very quiet. Wifi was good
To sum up, staff are all friendly and helpful. Some are fairly new to the hotel, including the manager who I believe had been there less than a year. It is in a very quiet location and the food is excellent but repetetive. We enjoyed our stay, just some things need a little tweaking.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Cayuga S, Manager at Latitude 10 Exclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you for sharing some constructive feedback with us. Great to hear that you enjoyed our food and we’d love to have you back to try out brand new menus launching later this month - so sorry you just missed them! We’ve had lots of feedback on variety and have really taken it into consideration this time. As for power cuts, we’ll be making sure that all guests have torches in their casitas and we’ll have spare ones at the Clubhouse too. If you’re up at 6.30am, we understand the importance of a nice strong coffee and will make it a morning priority to get that out on time everyday! We hope to welcome you back so you can enjoy our relaxing spa next time.