We started out our 10 day Costa Rica honeymoon with 5 nights at Latitude 10 in late June of 2013. I have been procrastinating writing the proper review it deserves, but here we go.
Latitude 10 was the best experience we have had traveling, period. That statement reflects the service as much as the property itself. As far as the property, it looks like a scene from a movie. Jungle meets ocean, just amazingly beautiful: intensely green and lush.
The room -
We stayed in the Master suite which was very spacious and very private. The bed was super comfortable bed and there were several comfortable seating areas and a dining area along with a kitchenette in the room. There is a really nice wrap around deck with a hammock and chairs. perfect for napping. The outdoor bathroom (which is bigger then our apartment) was its own amazing experience. Going in, I wasn't sure how comfortable my new bride was going to be showering with nature, but the area is so lush you really don't notice it. Showering in the rain is a must do, consider yourself fortunate if you get this experience! It is definitely an open air concept and you get all the goodness that comes with it: nice ocean breezes and my favorite part: hearing the ocean waves the entire night, definitely a highlight for me.
Common areas -
Poolside has very nice lounge chairs, lotion and nice thick towels are always nearby. The ocean in the background is icing on the cake. Plenty of shade around the pool if you want it and lots of sun as well. The restaurant/bar/lounge area is fantastic. Guests seem to congregate there at various points of the day. There were several couples when we stayed and we had a great time meeting and hanging out.
Side note, I was amazed at how clean and bug free the property and rooms were. You are in the jungle and on the ocean, I would expect there to be a certain amount of critters. I was prepped for it, I prepped my wife for it. But really there was little of it. The staff takes great pain and great pride in cleanliness and it really is evident. I cant imagine the effort it takes to keep an open are concept property like this so clean, but they pull it off in a spectacular way.
Best food of our entire Costa Rica trip was here. We went out several times both in Santa Teresa and during the second leg of our trip (another amazing Cayuga property). The food here was just so great, breakfast, lunch, dinner - all great. Living in NYC, we are fortunate to get access to a ton of great food from a wide variety of areas. I truly truly thought every meal I had here was dynamite. Watching the chefs cook, you know its personal and it comes through with every meal. If your booking, do yourself a favor and make sure you save some meals and eat at the property. The value is outstanding, but its really the food and the chefs that shine through.
This is where Latitude 10 goes from great to outstanding in my book. The folks that work there absolutely make the experience. Jose Pablo, Maricella, Juan, the housekeeping staff (the best turndown service ever!), the chefs, bring it all together. They genuinely seem to care about your experience and making sure you are having a great time. They are friendly, engaging and seem to just to do all the little things that will make your stay special. I cant say enough about them all. Its obvious they take great pride and care about what they do and they way they treat people - so positive and so refreshing.
Costa Rica is a wonderful country with wonderful people. The experience at Latitude was a romantic and amazing adventure that epitomizes the country in my mind. The property, scenery, and staff made this a truly unforgettable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Latitude 10 Resort was built as a private resort and is now available to the public. The resort consists of five spacious free standing, individually decorated and private casitas. Each casita has its own tropical decor, situated on over seven acres of private beachfront property located near the bustling beach town of Santa Teresa on the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Staying at Latitude 10 is like staying with good friends at their luxury beach house. You will experience personalized service and attention to detail in a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. Latitude 10 is part of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort, Santa Teresa Hotel Santa Teresa
- Latitude 10 Beachfront Resort Costa Rica/Santa Teresa