All reviews open air howler monkeys outdoor bathroom our honeymoon no glass in the windows tiger heron costa rica main building resort grounds bamboo straws favorite memories free bicycles mosquito net ceviche spent days nights laid back comfort zone
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Got back 2 weeks ago and finally had time to write about this awesome property. We spent 5 days at Latitude 10 and i wished we could have stayed another 5. The place is a dream, we were met by Pablo right outside our taxi as it pulled up to the resort. He offered to give us a nice tour of the facility and answered all our questions. We were shown to our excellent room, all open air with howling monkeys right above us. The website for this property does not do justice to how gorgeous and secluded this place really is. The beach is just yards away and totally empty, on the first day we were the only couple in the resort and had the run of the place all to ourselves. Pablo was our main guy throughout our stay, he got us ATV's, booked all our trips, zip lining, horse back riding, and isla torguga trip. Best part is that you can charge all the activities on your room and just have one bill at the end of your stay. Pablo also recommended great local dining spots and was an amazing host and great ambassador for Costa Rican tourism. I work at a high end hotel on Fort Lauderdale beach and it takes alot for me to give out 5 stars but anything less then 5 stars for this place would be unfair. We were so amazed by the hotel and the surrounding areas that we are seriously thinking about buying some land and moving to Costa Rica in not to distant future. We can't wait to got back and enjoy the hospitality of Pablo, Ninoska and rest of the staff and hope to see Luna the beach dog.

Room Tip: There are only 5 casitas on this property and all are spread out and secluded, so no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sy a
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Latitude 10 was beyond my wildest dreams for a honeymoon! From the time we arrived, the staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The landscaping and grounds are absolutely exquisite and it is apparent that the staff work overtime to keep everything clean, maintained and beautiful. And the villas are simply breathtaking!! There is plenty of space and a great sense of privacy. The open air windows, candlelight service in the evening, oceanfront location, outdoor shower, and 4 post bed make a romantic setting for a getaway. To top it all off, the French chef was amazing and would shop daily for fresh ingredients to make us a personalized dinner. The beach is great and pool was very nice too. Side note, if you plan to drive from San Jose, you will want a 4WD vehicle as the rainy season can cause some bumpy roads but don't let it discourage you, it makes for a beautiful drive. We hope you will consider visiting this slice of paradise!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kelly W
Cayuga S, Manager at Latitude 10 Exclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear
Greetings from the beaches of Santa Teresa. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your honeymoon stay at Latitude 10. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed the open air room experience and especially the romantic aspects of the experience such as the open air shower, candlelight turn down service and oceanfront location. We agree, this is perfect for a honeymoon. Your tip about driving is very valuable for future guests. There is also the option of a short domestic flight to Tambor where we would pick you up a the airstrip and bring you to our resort. We hope to have you back for one of your anniversaries some day. All the best,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband, brother, nephew and I were fortunate to enjoy Latitude 10 on our recent visit to Costa Rica. The facility exudes pure excellence in every detail. The staff exceeded our expectations.

The staff went above and beyond to make sure that our needs were met. Ninoska met us with a refreshing local cocktail when we arrived and was always there to make sure any arrangement was made for ATV rental, restaurant recommendations, fishing excursions, surfing info, etc. She made us feel like we were at home the entire stay. Jose helped with all needs, even took my nephew surfing at his favorite spot. Maricela was great. Yvette... We love you! Thanks for preparing great meals and the special meal with our freshly caught tuna. We felt as if we were with family the entire time! The service staff kept our room emaculate with special touches of candlelight every night! The rooms could not be any cleaner. I was a bit hesitant about the exposure to the elements but by the second day was excited by the wildlife surrounding the well kept grounds.
We loved our stay here and can not wait to return. Make sure to check out the rocamar bar (walking distance) and habanero for great food and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank READYFERRETTI
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Latitude 10 exceeded my high expectations in my trip in July 2012. I spent 5 days with my family and we were in awe at the scenery, service, and setting. Nino, Jose, Pablo, and Marcella were all very helpful, spoke great english, and arranged anything we needed for our trip whether it was taxis, 4-wheelers, fishing trips, ziplining, etc. Yvette, the chef, was an amazing chef and an absolute sweetheart. After a long day of tuna fishing, Yvette cooked us a huge 5 course meal that was beyond delicious. The staff even joined us for dinner. The rooms were always kept very clean by the housekeeping staff and we loved the close proximity of the casitas to the main pavilion. The full night time security on the beach and at the main gate made us feel very secure as well. Although the surfing is not too great right in front of the hotel, Pablo and Jose are two local surfers who will help you find the best break for your skill level. Jose even invited me to surf with him after he was finished working one evening. Everybody in Santa Teresa was unbelievably friendly, the food was delicious and reasonably cheap, and everything is so laid back. Definitely at the top of my list of favorite vacations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Drew I
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 days at Latitude 10. You'd be crazy to stay anywhere else in Santa Teresa. The only place I could imagine comparing would be a very nice private home in a tropical paradise. The grounds are amazing and they are kept immaculate yet very natural. I think the staff have a lot of work to beat back the jungle each day, and keep the space so pristine. It really is a hotel and surroundings fit for a magazine. The beach is steps away, common house and pool beautiful, and offers a quiet, luxurious experience. I will say that we had one of the two larger suites which are closer to the water, but I have no doubt the other bungalows are just as nice.

I was amazed to see anyone give this place an average (only two out of @50 at the time of this posting), so all I can say is if you've pleased 48 out of 50, you know what it will actually be like. It should be ranked top 1 or 2 in Santa Teresa in my opinion. Sure there are cheaper places, but if cost is your primary concern then yes you should be looking at the cheap surf shacks.

Pablo the manager was amazing as was all the staff. The food was amazing, with the frehest fruits and dishes. We hadn't expected to eat there much since we wanted to try the area food, but we stayed in more often it wa so good. The breakfast fruit plate was a daily treat.

From walking on the beach, to candle lit evenings, to surfing, to private yoga in the main house, to cocktails beside the pool, we feel totally comfortable giving Latitude 10 a 5 across the board.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank DCWillows
Cayuga S, Manager at Latitude 10 Exclusive Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear
Thank you for taking the time to review Latitude 10 Resort on Tripadvisor. We get so excited to see reviews like yours of people that truly understand the concept and appreciate the unique experience that we try to provide for our guests. Yes, it takes a lot of time, effort and dedication to keep Latitude 10 as neat as it is and running the hotel like a private house where every guest gets very personalized attention is not always easy. However, our beachfront location and our guests appreciation for the little details like the candle turn down service, cocktails by the pool and arranging for yoga, massages or tours score us high points with our guests. We hope to have you back with us soon as hope that many of the readers of this review agree that it would be indeed “crazy to stay anywhere else in Santa Teresa”. Thanks again, all the best.